cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomasZubov
Level: Powered On

Collect stopped working

Hello,

I'm facing issue with collect. It stopped working today in version 3.18083.31, nothing has been changed in the app.

In my case it is collection, that should be created when you click button in gallery

Collect(ShPItem;ThisItem)

Collection is not created and error is invalid name...well it does not exist, but should be created in accordance to previous functionality and function refference.

Was there any change in the behavior?  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
TomasZubov

Re: Collect stopped working

Hi,

Thank you, but my problem is not collection content (values and/or columns). Problem is that simple "collect(NonexistingCollection;Values)" does not create the collection. As far as I know, result of this function should be new collection named "NonexistingCollection" with values.

To your question, there is clearcollect onvisible of the screen with the button that should create the collection.

TomasZubov

Issue is gone, not sure whether it was fixed or what was the problem...

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

@TomasZubov wrote:

Hello,

I'm facing issue with collect. It stopped working today in version 3.18083.31, nothing has been changed in the app.

In my case it is collection, that should be created when you click button in gallery

Collect(ShPItem;ThisItem)

Collection is not created and error is invalid name...well it does not exist, but should be created in accordance to previous functionality and function refference.

Was there any change in the behavior?  

Keep in mind using just Collect creates/adds to the existing collection. Do you have a ClearCollect anywhere that "sets up" the collection with the right fields/columns?

I've found that without a clear collect anywhere there's a chance the collection has a list of fields/columns that may differ and cause errors.

Highlighted
TomasZubov

Hi,

Thank you, but my problem is not collection content (values and/or columns). Problem is that simple "collect(NonexistingCollection;Values)" does not create the collection. As far as I know, result of this function should be new collection named "NonexistingCollection" with values.

To your question, there is clearcollect onvisible of the screen with the button that should create the collection.

TomasZubov

Issue is gone, not sure whether it was fixed or what was the problem...

Super User
Super User

@TomasZubov wrote:

Hi,

Perfect, that's the type of issue I've come across many times and our best practice is the same as yours, a ClearCollect in the OnVisible of the page if necessary.

Thanks for follow-up, I'll mark as resolved.