cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
neill_long
Level: Powered On

Collection list field to display in combobox

I have a form where users enter booking details and one of the fields is a combobox where they can select multiple days.

Before final submission of the form they have an opportunity to review their request and amend if required.  What i would like is when the user wants to edit their original request, the combobox will display their original selected days.

The field in the collection is called 'Days'. 

I have been trying to add a formula in the default option but i cant seem to get it to work.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the field 'days' to display the chosen days in a combobox?

thanks

Alistair

Accepted Solutions
neill_long

Re: Collection list field to display in combobox

thanks @TimRohr for your reply.

There was a much easier fix.  Just me being silly and not seeing the option,  but there is a DefaultSelectedItems property box that i put the field name in and that worked.

thanks

Alistair

All Replies
TimRohr
Level 8

See this thread for using a Collection as the items for a combobox, and how to display a particular field:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Display-collection-values-in-dropdown/td-p/13...

neill_long

thanks @TimRohr for your reply.

There was a much easier fix.  Just me being silly and not seeing the option,  but there is a DefaultSelectedItems property box that i put the field name in and that worked.

thanks

Alistair

Administrator Rank
Administrator

Thanks for following up within the thread @neill_long and I'm glad hear you found a fix!

@TopShelf-MSFT