cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ccauser
Level: Powered On

Re: Combo box "Selected" not really selected until a person picks it

Thank you @PhilD

Note that I still have a UI bug, I could create a gif of it to show it, would be easier, but in some cases I unselected one of the highlited item and even if the value is removed correctly from the combobox field and the actual 'selecteditems', it stays highlited, closing the combo and reopening it clears up this... 

Highlighted
defdames

@v-xida-msft 

If this is the case what is the preferred method to add exisiting selections?  If a user picked 3 items, wanted to come back after the record was saved and then add a fourth item while displaying the original 3 items they picked previously using default selected items wont their previous selectiosn then be wiped out?  I find this VERY problematic.  Is there a documented work around?

ccauser

@defdames wrote:

If this is the case what is the preferred method to add exisiting selections?  If a user picked 3 items, wanted to come back after the record was saved and then add a fourth item while displaying the original 3 items they picked previously using default selected items wont their previous selectiosn then be wiped out?  I find this VERY problematic.  Is there a documented work around?

There's no issue if you follow my post in the same thread (Link). The key is to have the same source for your items and defaultselecteditems, your user can select some items, save the result in a concatenated format in a field and then edit them back, adding or removing some of the selection and save them back... works perfectly.

Sephiel

Thank you for this solution!! Saved me such a headache!

If someone wants a bit of a TL;DR of how to control a filter (or object) before the user interacts with it, but also want the same results when there are no rows selected...

I Initially followed other advice to grab a row count of the selected items, this worked but only after the user interacted with it (as many others have seen):

If(CountRows(ComboBox1.SelectedItems) = 0, logic for blank result...)

How do you deal with it if it's null? Ditch the CountRows and use IsBlank to account for the null. Replacing with this worked PERFECT:

If(IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected.ID), logic for blank result...)

Thanks again @v-xida-msft@PhilD!