cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shabila97
Level: Powered On

Compare date in PowerApps

Hi all,

I have a field in SharePoint List name "Expired Date".

In PowerApps, how can I compare date today() with "Expired Date" in SharePoint List on specific item (Visitor Name)?

For example:

I want to compare Brinta's Expired Date <= today(). How can I used LookUp function to retrieve 2 column for visitor name and expired date? How can I know Brinta's ID so that I will get her expired date using that ID and start to compare the date with today?

powerapps.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Compare date in PowerApps

HI @shabila97 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to compare Brinta's Expired Date <= today() within your app?

Further, could you please share a bit more about the Visitor Name column? Is it a Single text column or Person type column?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the LookUp function could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

If the Visitor Name column is a Single line text column in your SP list, please take a try with the following formula:

LookUp('YourSPList', 'Visitor Name' = "Brinta", 'Expired Date') <= Today()

If the Visitor Name column is a Person type column in your SP list, please take a try with the following formula:

LookUp('YourSPList', 'Visitor Name'.DisplayName = "Brinta", 'Expired Date') <= Today()

Note: It is not necessary to get the Item ID value for a specific item in your SP list for retrieving the 'Expired Date' column value. You just need to LookUp the specific item record via a unique column, e.g. "Visitor Name" that you mentioned.

More details about the LookUp function in PowerApps, please check the following article:

LookUp function

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

HI @shabila97 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to compare Brinta's Expired Date <= today() within your app?

Further, could you please share a bit more about the Visitor Name column? Is it a Single text column or Person type column?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the LookUp function could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

If the Visitor Name column is a Single line text column in your SP list, please take a try with the following formula:

If the Visitor Name column is a Person type column in your SP list, please take a try with the following formula:

LookUp('YourSPList', 'Visitor Name'.DisplayName = "Brinta", 'Expired Date') <= Today()

Note: It is not necessary to get the Item ID value for a specific item in your SP list for retrieving the 'Expired Date' column value. You just need to LookUp the specific item record via a unique column, e.g. "Visitor Name" that you mentioned.

More details about the LookUp function in PowerApps, please check the following article:

LookUp function

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
shabila97
Level: Powered On

This one works well for me!!

Thank you @v-xida-msft  

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 46 members 4,901 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: