cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Coletteb425
Level: Powered On

Concatenate column values with matching types

So I have a table with Type of enquiry, date and then comments . I have a gallery set up to bring back the count of those that are repeated to give me a list of the top contacts for that day. I now want to concarenate all the comments that match the enquiry type and the date selected. I have managed to lookup and get the first comment but i cant seem to get it to look again and find the next one. Please see attached. Any help would be very much appreciated! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Concatenate column values with matching types

Hi @Coletteb425,

Do you want to concatenate the comments that based on the date and enquiry type you selected?

What data source do you use?

I use Table in Excel to test.

You can try the following workaround.

Data Source:

Format it as Table and name it Table1

20190207concatenatecolumnsdatasource1.png

App Test:

Add two dropdown controls and rename them aas Dropdown1_Date,Dropdown2_EnquiryType,add one listbox control and rename it as ListBox1_Comments, add one label and rename it as Label6_ConcatComments.

Dropdown1_Date.Items: Distinct(Table1,Date)

Dropdown2_EnquiryType.Items: Distinct(Table1,'Enquiry Type')

ListBox1_Comments.Items: Filter(Table1,Date=Dropdown1_Date.Selected.Result,'Enquiry Type'=Dropdown2_EnquiryType.Selected.Result).Comments

Label6_ConcatComments.Text: Concat(Filter(Table1,Date=Dropdown1_Date.Selected.Result,'Enquiry Type'=Dropdown2_EnquiryType.Selected.Result).Comments, Comments & "; ")

20190207apptest1.jpg

Result Test:

20190207concatcommentsresulttest1.gif

Hope this can be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Concatenate column values with matching types

Hi @Coletteb425,

Do you want to concatenate the comments that based on the date and enquiry type you selected?

What data source do you use?

I use Table in Excel to test.

You can try the following workaround.

Data Source:

Format it as Table and name it Table1

20190207concatenatecolumnsdatasource1.png

App Test:

Add two dropdown controls and rename them aas Dropdown1_Date,Dropdown2_EnquiryType,add one listbox control and rename it as ListBox1_Comments, add one label and rename it as Label6_ConcatComments.

Dropdown1_Date.Items: Distinct(Table1,Date)

Dropdown2_EnquiryType.Items: Distinct(Table1,'Enquiry Type')

ListBox1_Comments.Items: Filter(Table1,Date=Dropdown1_Date.Selected.Result,'Enquiry Type'=Dropdown2_EnquiryType.Selected.Result).Comments

Label6_ConcatComments.Text: Concat(Filter(Table1,Date=Dropdown1_Date.Selected.Result,'Enquiry Type'=Dropdown2_EnquiryType.Selected.Result).Comments, Comments & "; ")

20190207apptest1.jpg

Result Test:

20190207concatcommentsresulttest1.gif

Hope this can be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia