Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

ContactGetItems How to get Photo of the contact

Hello,

I'm a beginner on PowerApps.

I mounted a screen with a collection using the Office365 contacts, but I do not know how to display the contacts photo.

To create the collection I used ContactGetItems, but it does not have any columns with the BLOB of the photo.

I tried GetDataSetsMetadata, but I do not know how to use this method.

I also tried using this MSDN (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/office365/api/contacts-rest-operations), but I do not know how to proceed

Can someone help me?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ContactGetItems How to get Photo of the contact

Smiley Frustrated

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

I just tried the following method to collect the Office365 ContactGetItems function:

Collect(data,Office365.ContactGetItems("Contacts"))

which created a table with single record and single column named value (table values).

And there is no photo attribute within it.

Further, I don't think office365.GetDataSetsMetadata would work for getting the photo from the contacts, I think this function should be related with Power BI.

As shared in the document you mentioned, to get Contact photo, we need take use of the Get contact photo metadata API, which is not available under the current Office 365 Outlook connection.

Instead, please consider take use of the User() function to get the photo for the current logined user.

Set the image property of the image control with the formula below:

User().Image

Function reference: User function in PowerApps

By the way, as the Office365.ContactGetItems and office365.GetDataSetsMetadata are both not listed as available function in the official document, it is not recommended to use it, which I think those functions should be still under developing (or reviewing).

Office 365 Outlook

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

"which created a table with single record and single column named value (table values).

And there is no photo attribute within it."

Yeap! I got in the same situation, I was very sad not to have a field for the contact picture (though by the APP People you can add Picture, and the picture appears Office365 added), that is, it has the feature to save the photo somewhere

"Further, I don't think office365.GetDataSetsMetadata would work for getting the photo from the contacts, I think this function should be related with Power BI."

You're right, I figured this method would help me because it has a BLOB when you put a dot (GetDataSetsMetadata (). BLOB).

"As shared in the document you mentioned, to get Contact photo, we need take use of the Get contact photo metadata API, which is not available under the current Office 365 Outlook connection.

Instead, please consider take use of the User() function to get the photo for the current logined user.

Set the image property of the image control with the formula below:

User().Image"

Thank you very much for the information, but the User (). Image can't help me because he shows the photo of the user logged into the application, and I need photos of the contact list of the user who is logged on.

"By the way, as the Office365.ContactGetItems and office365.GetDataSetsMetadata are both not listed as available function in the official document, it is not recommended to use it, which I think those functions should be still under developing (or reviewing)."

Uooow! Then I have to use another idea. I wanted to use the contact list as registered customer base, but through this information I think I will have to go to a SharePoint list (but probably also have problems with users ' photos).

It would be wonderful if they update the connector Office365 for that version of the link I sent which shows the possibility of retrieving the contact's picture.

Moises
Level: Powered On

This is an great idea.

Instead of the to use an SharePoint List and your failures and difficulty for upload images, come to use the PEOPLE of Office365 (contact List) for register users.

But cannot display images of the contact is very sad.

Moises
Level: Powered On

@v-micsh-msft

I would like to know how it's possible to upgrade the connector to use the API described in https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/office365/api/contacts-rest-operations?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 194 members 5,147 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: