CW
Level: Powered On

Copy record info to a new form drop down

I've been trying to figure this out for a month and dont seem any closer.

1. I have a Parent/Child Form:

parent-child.jpg

When I click the right arrow of the child it takes me to the edit screen for parent designation and thats fine as shown below:

PartEdit.jpg

So the field "Tune" and "Band" is a lookup in the SharePoint list on the parent "Charts" list.

BUT, my issue is clicking the "+" icon to add a new part designation to the child list based on the gallery ityem selected and transfering or prepopulating the "Tune" and "band" fields so I dont have to re-enter them. The new form is based on the same dataset as the edit form but those fields show up empty as shown:

The "+" icon onselect is as folows:

NewFormFunction.jpg

and the newform is empty Smiley Sad

NewForm.jpg

I've fooled around with ClearCollect as discussed in Qdabra's recent webinar but that didnt use dropdowns, just regular input text controls and the example PowerApps package didnt include any examples as was promised so I'm kind of, pretty stuck.

This seems like it should be a very simple thing to accomplish but the current layuout of the technology seems stuck in expression/VBA-like mode and not very user friendly. It's touted as "no code" but sorry, that's just a selling feature and as far as I'm concerned just semantics. In other words it needs to be "Janet and Johned" a bit more with much better examples based on real-life scenarios. Parent-child with lookups is far far from extraordinary.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated before I rip the purple off my screen.

Thanks

Level 8

Re: Copy record info to a new form drop down

I don't think this could be achieved.

Highlighted
CW
Level: Powered On

Re: Copy record info to a new form drop down

Hi Leo, thanks for your reply. I was able to accomplish ity using the

'@odata.type':"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",

technique. However, ultimately I had to abandon that as it wasnt submitting for some God unknown reason. I know this is a very agile new trchnology but really, the examples and methodology leave MUCH to be desired. The help seems to be made needlessly overworded and difficult to find out how to perform such seemingly simple things.

CW