cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edvardwikstrom
Level: Powered On

Custom SharePoint Forms with PowerApps and Guest Users

We have built a simple solutions using SharePoint lists and the new custom forms with PowerApps in SharePoint.

Our plan was to let guest users access this SharePoint site and also these custom forms (this in order to request new equipment and user management.)

However it seems that custom SharePoint forms are not working for our guest users - and it's not reverting back to the standard form either.

The guest user will just get a big white blank screen when trying to add or edit an item.

We have also tried to add an E1 license to the guest user - then he gets an error message that says: "App is not working, update your web browser or try again later". (tried this with multiple guest users from different tenants)

Are there anything in the roadmap to get this working, or will it simply not be supported?

8 REPLIES 8
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Custom SharePoint Forms with PowerApps and Guest Users

Hi @edvardwikstrom,

Firstly, what type is this custom form? Is it a display form or an edit form?

Capture.PNG

Did you mean that only the new custom form is shown as blank for guests or the whole app is blank, including the auto-generated forms? What is the data source in this custom Form?

In addition, if by the Guest users, you mean external users, then I'm afraid that you cannot even share your app with them. PowerApps doesn't support sharing apps with external users so far. If you need this feature, please vote on below thread. You can alse add your comments there:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Share-with-external-users/idi-p/4114

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
edvardwikstrom

@v-monli-msft

It's not an "App". I am using the fairly new "Cutomize forms" feature in SharePoint.

So natuarlly, it's a new/edit form and the data source is a SharePoint list.

Affected users are external (using Office 365 groups these are also called guests)

Since it's built directly into SharePoint it's important that they either work for everyone or revert back to the default SharePoint form if user cannot load PowerApps.

93sugar

@edvardwikstrom  I just finished building an app that runs in Teams that my O365 Guest users are a part of.  I'm just now finding out that the app won't  work for them.  I could strangle someone at MSFT right now!!!!  MSFT has really put me in a bad place with this.  It makes no sense to  me why O365 Guest users wouldn't be able to use the Powerapp I created.

@v-monli-msft FIX THIS QUICKLY MICROSOFT OR I SWEAR TO THE OLD GODS AND THE NEW THAT WINTER IS COMING FOR YOU ALONG WITH THE NIGHT KING HEAVILY ARMED RIDING HIS ICE DRAGON LEADING AN ARMY OF THE DEAD 10 BILLION STRONG AND ALL THEIR FURY WILL BE UNLEASHED ON YOU AND YOU WILL KNOW NO MERCY AS YOU DECEND INTO THE DARKEST DEPTHS OF ALL SEVEN HELLS!  

edvardwikstrom

@93sugar @v-monli-msft At the very least there needs to be some form of warning that this will break functionality for external users.

93sugar

Now I have to face our chancellor Monday and try to explain why I wasn't able to complete a simple task and make a case for myself and why he shouldn't let me go
93sugar

I will never be an advocate of Microsoft technology ever again
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @edvardwikstrom,

Sorry that PowerApps so far doesn't support to share with external users. I found the below idea thread and it is required by a lot of users. Please consider to vote on it and add your comments there:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Share-with-external-users/idi-p/4114

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
jusper

Hi!

For those of you who unsatisfied with such a restriction of forms created with Power Apps, I can suggest taking a look at Plumsail Forms designed specifically for SharePoint modern pages and public sites. They are available for any users including guests or even anonymous users if you design a form for a public site and create a SharePoint item in Microsoft Flow with the help of our connector.

---
Dmitry Kozlov from Plumsail

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!