cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Specoop
Level: Powered On

Custom connector - The property expects text values, but this rule incompatible table

First question to Microsoft! I’m attempting to build a custom connector – It looks like I’ve succeeded because I’m able to grab the data successfully.

1.png

However, the main data I’m trying to grab is under “Observations/Total_Precip_Value_1”– but I can’t seem to get to that. It gives me an error that says “The property expects text values, but this rule produces incompatible table values.” I cannot add another dot after observations.

2.png

Here’s the successful test from the custom connector.

3.png

And here’s the responses that show that it’s a valid response.

4.png

Any guidance or recommendations?

Thank you for your time

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Specoop

Re: Custom connector - The property expects text values, but this rule incompatible table

Ok! Y'all did it for me! Here's the final that worked.

First(synopticdata.syno({Token: "******************", stid: "TT498", recent: "1440", output: "JSON", Units: "English"}).STATION.OBSERVATIONS).OBSERVATIONS.total_precip_value_1

Thank you kindly for the support.

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Re: Custom connector - The property expects text values, but this rule incompatible table

Hi @Specoop

Could you try this to see if it works better?

First(synopticdata.syno({Token:"le95a34714184feb8fd9feaf3ce04c7a", stid: "TT498", recent: "1440, output: "JSON 
                         Units:"English"}).STATION.OBSERVATIONS).Total_Precip_Value_1 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Specoop,

Based on the error message that you mentioned, I think there is something wrong with formula that you typed within the Label.

The Text property of the Label control is required to provide a Text value, but the formula that you provided returns a Table value.

Please take a try to modify your formula as below:

First(
synopticdata.syno({Token: "1e95a34714184f0b8fd9feaf3c004c7a", stid: "TT498", recent: "1440", output: "JSON", Units: "English"}).STATION.OBSERVATIONS
).total_precip_value_1
First(
synopticdata.syno({Token: "1e95a34714184f0b8fd9feaf3c004c7a", stid: "TT498", recent: "1440", output: "JSON", Units: "English"}).STATION.OBSERVATIONS
).ob_start_time_1
First(
).count_1

More details about the First function in PowerApps, please check the following article:

First function

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Specoop

Thank you both for getting back to me. It still isn't working.

2019-01-11_9-03-53.jpg

I wanted to make sure my custom connector wasn't broken (I was still able to get "Inches" to appear, so I know the custom connector still works. 

Specoop

Ok! Y'all did it for me! Here's the final that worked.

First(synopticdata.syno({Token: "******************", stid: "TT498", recent: "1440", output: "JSON", Units: "English"}).STATION.OBSERVATIONS).OBSERVATIONS.total_precip_value_1

Specoop

Specoop

Thank you kindly for the support