cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yemata
Level: Powered On

Customizing SharePoint form loads in PowerApps with Error on all fields " The function has some invalid arguments " and "Invalid argument type(Record). Expecting a table value instead."

I am customizing SharePoint form and when the form opens in PowerApps it opens with errors on all fields " The function has some invalid arguments " and "Invalid argument type(Record). Expecting a table value instead." I cant figure it out.

PowerAppsError.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Customizing SharePoint form loads in PowerApps with Error on all fields " The function has some invalid arguments " and "Invalid argument type(Record). Expecting a table value instead."

@Yemata 

Have you done any other customizations to anything in the form?

If not, you might consider deleting the form and then adding it back in, setting your datasource and then use that sae formula for the Item property.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Customizing SharePoint form loads in PowerApps with Error on all fields " The function has some invalid arguments " and "Invalid argument type(Record). Expecting a table value instead."

@Yemata 

Most likely an issue with the DataSource and/or the Item properties of the Form.

I would have a look at those and see if they are set properly.

The DataSource should be your list/datasource

The Item property should return a record from that datasource.

Any variations on those are going to cause you errors like this.

I hope this helps lead to a solution for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Yemata

@RandyHayes  

Thank you so much for the quick responce. 

That is what i thought too since the whole form has an issues, but couldnt figure out what is set wrong. You mentioned two things 

The Data source is My list ( colored green ) 

Here is what is on the Item   "If(IsBlank(SharePointIntegration.Selected) || IsEmpty(SharePointIntegration.Selected),First('Status'),SharePointIntegration.Selected) 

I have noticed that the on the MaxLength property my data source/ the list name is not colored green but black .  DataSourceInfo('Status', DataSourceInfo.MaxLength, "Title") 

Super User
Super User

@Yemata 

Have you done any other customizations to anything in the form?

If not, you might consider deleting the form and then adding it back in, setting your datasource and then use that sae formula for the Item property.

Highlighted
Yemata

@RandyHayes 

Awesome , thank you so mcuh for the solution . It worked.

Thank you again. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, August 21st at 8am PDT

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

SixthImage

Power Summit Australia 2019

August 20-23rd 2019

Users Online
Currently online: 77 members 4,066 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: