cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JosL
Level: Powered On

Datasource connection (SQL) lost!

My PowerApp uses MSSQL (azure PAAS) as data storage. I am using several tables and one view to work with. 

Yesterday, I added a new table to the database and added it in the PowerApp. Everything fine, saved and published 2 new versions, and today I find that the App no longer works. When I look at the data sources, all tables except that new table are in a disconnected state. There is no option to reconnect them.

Re-adding the disconnected tables results in a new name, and all filters in my app based on the original datasources are wiped. All references are wiped, if I want to fix my app, I seem to have to go over all places where I'm using a filter, lookup etc to get it to work again. This is not a viable option in a production environment.

How do I reconnect a disconnected datasource instead of readding it?

samuelJ
Level 8

Re: Datasource connection (SQL) lost!

Hi,

In the top left corner when editing an app, click View > Data Sources  (See below).  From here you should be able to manage all the data sources.  We have had similar problems in the past and we just deleted our connections and readded them, seems to fix it.  That way, at least the connections will have the same name as they are everywhere elsein your app.

TLDR: I dont know how to "reconnect" but here is how to delete a connection then add it again.  

dataConnections.PNG

Community Support Team Rank
Community Support Team

Hi @JosL,

Could you please share a bit more about the issue within your app?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

When the SQL table connection in your app disconnected from your SQL Server, it would cause the following similar issue:
11.JPG

It would prompt you that there is something wrong with your connection, you should click "Fix connection" button to re-connect to your SQL table.

Best regards,

Kris

JosL
Level: Powered On

It doesn't specify 'can't sign in' or something like that (as in your screenshot). they're simply greyed out and in a disconnected state. Readding them using the exact same method + account makes them active again.

What do you need to debug this? Because I can promise you, this is a bug. I can give you the app ID and versions in which it is broken.

Administrator Rank
Administrator

adding in @GregLi to assist with this question. 

@TopShelf-MSFT