cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PoohBear
Level 8

Date Filters are not working

All of sudden my app stopped working today because it uses date filters. This is extremely infuriating!! What changed and how can I fix it????

12 REPLIES 12
PoohBear
Level 8

Re: Date Filters are not working

Here is my formula. This used to work fine, but filtering by Today() returns no data now. 

SortByColumns(Filter(LastN('Archive-Parking Spot List',500),EmployeeEmail=CurrentUserName.Text && 'Start Date'=Today()),"Start_x0020_Date_x0020_Text",Ascending)

Super User
Super User

There was an update today that affected Today/Now.  See the following blog post:  https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/delegation-enhancements-for-lookups-today-now-and-addcolu...

PoohBear
Level 8

If enter the formula as below (less than today) I get data. However, if I put > or = nothing comes back. If I remove the filter I can see everything including the list item for today.

SortByColumns(Filter(LastN('Archive-Parking Spot List',1000),EmployeeEmail=CurrentUserName.Text && 'End Date'<Today()),"Start_x0020_Date_x0020_Text",Ascending)

PoohBear
Level 8

Thank you so much for giving me this link. I will try to resolve with it!

@LRVinNC wrote:

There was an update today that affected Today/Now.  See the following blog post:  https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/delegation-enhancements-for-lookups-today-now-and-addcolu...

Knich
Level: Powered On

Have you confirmed your data source Archive-Parking Spot List contains today's date and/or employee email in the last 500 records?

PoohBear
Level 8

Yes. Even if I bump to 1000 (only 513 list items) I still get nothing

Super User
Super User

Are you getting a delegation warning on this query?  If so, what do you have the data row limit for non-delegable queries set to in your app settings?  The default is 500 -- you can increase to a max of 2000.  If this data source has more than 2000 entries, you will never be able to return this data with this query.

PoohBear
Level 8

So that is the issue, when I bump the Data Row limit to 2000 I get the expected result. Howerver, I am not getting a delegation warning because of the LastN in the formula. How can I change that formula so I don't run into this issue?

Knich
Level: Powered On

Unfortunately, I ran into delegation issues until I switeched to a SQL database for my data. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 54 members 4,434 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: