cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cgreen1983
Level: Powered On

Date Format

Hi all,

I have two date pickers (start of incident date & end of incident date), which are then saved to a SP list. When I submit the form I also have an email traggier which sends an HTML label with various data card values, including these two pickers. 

My datsaave fine inside PA and SP, but are constantly displaying the date in US style, not GB, even though this displays correct in PA and SP. Ive checked everything I can think of (computer regional settings, Office365 regional settings etc) but the date display will not change.

Does anyone have any ideas? Data info is attached.

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Date Format

Hi @cgreen1983,

Could you please share a bit more about the issue on your side?

Further, do you want to save the date value in "en-GB" format into your html email?

I think this issue is related to your local time zone. Please check if the time zone of your Outlook client (Outlook for web) is the same as that within your PowerApps or SharePoint.

As an alternative solution, you could also consider take a try to convert the Date value (selected from the DatePicker control) into a date string value using Text function:

Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate,"dd/mm/yy")

Note: The DatePicker1 represents the Date picker control within your Edit form.

and then include the date string values within your html email.

More details about the Text function in PowerApps, please check the following article:

Text function

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
8 REPLIES 8
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @cgreen1983,

Could you please share a bit more about the issue on your side?

Further, do you want to save the date value in "en-GB" format into your html email?

I think this issue is related to your local time zone. Please check if the time zone of your Outlook client (Outlook for web) is the same as that within your PowerApps or SharePoint.

As an alternative solution, you could also consider take a try to convert the Date value (selected from the DatePicker control) into a date string value using Text function:

Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate,"dd/mm/yy")

Note: The DatePicker1 represents the Date picker control within your Edit form.

and then include the date string values within your html email.

More details about the Text function in PowerApps, please check the following article:

Text function

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
cgreen1983

Hi Kris,

Many thanks for this, its worked Smiley Happy

Highlighted
whitelc

Sorry, I know this is an older thread. I'm having a devil of a time trying to get a date to display correctly on a PowerApp form.

• Date is a calculated SharePoint column: Hire Date + 3 Months.
  • In the SharePoint list, the calculated column is formatted to return as Date and Time (Date Only)
  • The calculated date displays correctly when viewing the list in SharePoint
  • On the PowerApp form, the field's default Text property is "Parent.Default." It shows the correct date but in 2019-06-25T04:00:00Z format.
  • I've tried every permutation that I've seen in every purported "solution," but nothing is working.
  • How do I get 2019-06-25T04:00:00Z to display as 6/25/2019 (or even 06/25/2019) on a PowerApp form.
  • I'm guessing it has something to do with this being a calculated field. The properties for this field in PowerPoint do not include the same properties as a date from a Date Picker field (DateTimeZone and Format).

I've attached a PDF of screen shots that illustrate the problem. Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks!

Ahmad_majdoube

Actually I am currently facing the same issue as "whitelc", and I would realy appreicate it if anyone could help in this matter.

whitelc

I got this to work in Flow. It's just the PowerApp I can't figure out.

Ahmad_majdoube

Can you please advise how it solved in the Flow.

@whitelc wrote:

I got this to work in Flow. It's just the PowerApp I can't figure out.

whitelc

It's too complicated to describe in just words. Please see attached PDF for detailed instructions. Hope this helps.

whitelc

What I ended up doing to make the date display properly in the PowerApp form was to include the date format in the SharePoint Calculated Column:

=TEXT([HireDate]+90,"m/d/yyyy")

[HireDate] is the column on which the calculation is based.