cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamPo
Level 8

Date Picker showing previous date

Hi,

I have a field in CDS called 'Start Date'. In CDS, this field is set to 'Date Only'

When I display this field in a form on PowerApps the date shows correctly.

When I display the same date in a display picker it shows the previous date. The date picker is set to UTC.

See the following example: 

The correct date is 1/20/2018 but the date picker shows 1/19/2018

Details on the field in CDS:

2019-01-01_1020.png

Field displayed in form in PowerApp

2019-01-01_1018.png

Field displayed in date picker in PowerApp

2019-01-01_1017.png

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Date Picker showing previous date

Hi @SamPo,

Which Time Zone is your local time zone? Is it the UTC?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

Based on the screenshot that you provided, I think there is something wrong with the DateTimeZone property you set for the Date Picker control.

Please take a try to modify the formula within the DateTimeZone property of the Date Picker control into following:

DateTimeZone.Local      /* <- Please change the Date Time Zone of the Date Picker control to your local time zone rather than UTC*/

then check if the issue is solved on your side.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
SamPo
Level 8

Hi,

Yes, updating the timezone to local shows me the correct time but this does not resolve my issue.

Firstly, my timezone is UTC+2 so both UTC and Local should show the correct date whereas in reality the UTC setting shows it to be 24 hours earlier than the date saved in CDS.

Secondly we have a large user base in the US and when we set the date picker to 'local' they see all the dates as one day previous to the date saved in the CDS as they are UTC-5. It was for this reason we switched all our pickers to UTC in the hope that they would always display the same date as the one saved in the CDS.

Highlighted
SamPo
Level 8

@v-xida-msft any updates here?