cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UB400
Level 10

Downloading a background image from a sample App?

i have downloaded the Case Management tablet sample and am thoroughly impressed with the App, it looks great, has really good functionality. I want to use this as  a model to build an App that has nothing to do with Case management but is very applicable to what I want to achieve.

So to start with, I was wondering if it's possible to download the background images from the App, as these are just a solid background with a single colour, i assume that there should not be any copyright issues.

Is it possible to download the images, or if someone can advise me as to what colour value is used,? I could make my own.

4 REPLIES 4
audrieg
Level 10

Re: Downloading a background image from a sample App?

You should be able to find all images and other media by:
Click on the Content Tab in the Ribbon then click on media to identify the name of the media image to export....

Then I believe you can use an export button to export it. (I'm trying now to confirm.)

More on import/export:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/control-export-import/

audrieg
Level 10

Ok. So the Export only works with data, but not media, as far as I can tell from trying. So I'll continue to look for options for you.

I did find out two things already:

1. There is a path associated with files in the media area: "ms-appdata:///local/Resources/Assets/Images/ImageName.jpg"

2. There is an idea posted asking for this already (please vote on it too):

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Export-media-Images-Videos-and-Audio-from-PowerA...

Here's a workaround:

Build your background image(s) in PowerPoint where you can add gradients etc. (you could even take a screen shot of something in that template), then save the slide as an image (jpg or png format). Then add that to your media content so you can use it in your app (yay!) - As for the color value - you could then use the eyedropper in PowerPoint to pick up the values (although color calibration from the screen shot may skew that slightly).

Audrie

(P.S. In the meantime, I was thinking that this might actually be a good thing, when we would want to protect image copyrights.)

UB400
Level 10

Thanks @audrieg. I'll make a background myself. It appears that the eye dropper color picker does not pick Colour from PowerApps, but I'll manage with something close enough. Thanks for the tip though.

audrieg
Level 10

No worries. If you take a screen shot and then paste the screen shot into PowerPoint, then you can use the color picker. (But again the screen shot can affect accuracy.) You could also use browser dev tools if you're running the app in the browser.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, August 21st at 8am PDT

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

SixthImage

Power Summit Australia 2019

August 20-23rd 2019

Users Online
Currently online: 286 members 3,941 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: