cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AD2000
Level: Powered On

Drag to position Datacards no longer works!

Hi All,

Can anyone please confirm, help whats going on with drag to position feature of datacards. This was working fine a few weeks ago but no longer able to position datacards. I know it is possible to re-order columns via data form properties but that is no substitute especially when you have complex forms with multi tabs. Has the PowerApp team removed this feature? Or am I missing something? By the way, I have tried it on different tenants and with different data sources but none work. Please help!

Drag to positio.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff anees
PowerApps Staff

Re: Drag to position Datacards no longer works!

The missing ability to drag and drop is a known issue and is being worked on. For now please use the data pane, fields list to reorder fields.

Another alternative is to turn on Classic mode and reload your app. However it is not recommended.

File > App Settings > Advanced Settings > Experimental Settings > Render in Classic mode = On.

You could perhaps turn on Classic mode, reload app, reorder data cards and turn it back to Off when you are done.

Thanks

Anees

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue.  It seems to be a problem with the latest version of PowerApps.

AD2000

Hi Tgiard,

Good to know I'm not the only one experiencing this, and look foward to hearing from other community members and Microsoft. We have also raised a support ticket with Microsoft but have not heard back yet.

Rojosevi

I've also spotted this, I think they have overwritten the functionality whilst creating ability to enter test data using the ALT key. I was using the ALT key to make fine position changes

Come on #Microsoft, please activate the ability to position objects in a datacard. I'd rather have that than the ability to enter test data on a form.

This is mega urgent in my case :-(

seadude
Level 10

I'm a (self-proclaimed) PowerApps form ninja and I'd like to share a better way to control Data Card positioning than the ol' drag and drop method:

There are two ways to control the X and Y values of Data Cards. You can use the RIGHT side "Properties" area OR you can use the Properties dropdown in the top LEFT.

When you use the LEFT side Properties to control X and Y, you actually SET the Data Card position within your form. This is a very little known fact I think. For SINGLE column forms, you will only adjust the X value in the LEFT Properties dropdown.

• 0 = the first Data Card in your single column form
  • 1 = the second Data Card in your single column form
  • etc.

Try it out. Which ever card you want "on top", change its X property to 0 and watch it "jump" to the top. Repeat all the way through your form to aling the form the way you want.

If you have a 2, 3, or 4 column form, you'll need to start using the Y Property to ontrol Data Card positions throughout your rows.

Example:

• A data card in the top left corner will have an X value of "0" and a Y value of "0".
  • A data card to the right of this first card will have an X value of "1" and a Y value of "0"
  • A data card to the right of this second card will have an X value of "2" and a Y value of "0"
  • This would result in a row of 3 data cards in a line
  • The second row would have a first data card with X value of "0" and a Y value of "1"
  • The data card to the right of this card would have an X value of "1" and a Y value of "1"
  • The data card to the right of this card would have an X value of "2" and a Y value of "1"
  • etc.

It takes a while to get used to and if you want to place cards LATER it is a serious pain to adjust cards this way, but it is the best way I've found.

Key points to remember:

* This ONLY works with the Properties Dropdown in the Top Left. If you use the X and Y properties on the RIGHT, you will not have the same results. It seems the right side is for ABSOLUTE X and Y coordinates, NOT Data Card placement.

Hope this (long) post helps. Here is the official docs on the subject.

PowerApps Staff anees
PowerApps Staff

The missing ability to drag and drop is a known issue and is being worked on. For now please use the data pane, fields list to reorder fields.

Another alternative is to turn on Classic mode and reload your app. However it is not recommended.

File > App Settings > Advanced Settings > Experimental Settings > Render in Classic mode = On.

You could perhaps turn on Classic mode, reload app, reorder data cards and turn it back to Off when you are done.

Thanks

Anees

nirvana_moksh

I dont see that option 

exp.PNG

AmirSami
Level: Power Up

This is Awesome thanks

Kobus_Pretorius

Select all (focus on) for example the label and the textbox within the DataCard. Now click and hold in the black "Card..." label and drag...

Warith

@Kobus_Pretorius 

What does that mean??? Speak English and stop trying to sound smart.  People are here to get help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 43 members 4,872 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: