cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ruth
Level: Powered On

Drop down default when value is no longer part of filter

I have a drop down with a list of items that can become inactive after a record is created.  When I open the form, I filter out the inactive items.  The field is defined as a text field on Sharepoint.

The problem I am having is that when the item becomes inactive and I edit the form, the field defaults to the first item in the drop down (because the value that is stored in the record doesn't exist in the dropdown) vs. the value that is stored in the record.

I have the Default field defined as Default.Parent and on the parent, the default is defined as ThisItem.FieldName

Shouldn't the value that is displayed be the value that is stored in the field?  Am I doing something wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Drop down default when value is no longer part of filter

Hi @ruth,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Could you please share a screenshot about the issue within your app?

Further, do you mean that the value that displayed within the Edit form is not the value that stored within the record?

Please check if the Item property of the Edit form control is bound to one record of your SP list within your app. If you generate an app from your SP list, please check if the Item property of the Edit form control is set to to following formula:

BrowseGallery1.Selected

Please set the Default property of the Data card which is bound to the field that you mentioned to following formula:

ThisItem.FieldName

set the Default property of the Text input control to following formula:

Parent.Default

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ruth

Hi @v-xida-msft

I will send you a screen shot of test data later today.

But here is an overview.  We create contracts based on active cases.  I list only active cases when the contract is being created as we cannot create contracts on inactive cases.  As the case is resolved, the case becomes inactive and the contract is completed.  When I go to close out the contract, since the case is inactive, it is no longer on the list (which is fine) but instead of displaying the value in the sharepoint field, it defaults to the first active item in the list.  In sharepoint, the field is defined as a text field and the value in the sharepoint field is correct as it is displaying properly on the list view.

The item property on the ddlb control is sorted and filtered:

SortByColumns(CaseList,"CaseFullName")

The Default property on the Datacard is set as you have stated:

ThisItem.CaseName

The Default property on the ddlb control is also set as you have stated:

Parent.Default

Highlighted
ruth

I still have this problem.  Anyone with any ideas?