cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickfear
Level: Powered On

Re: Dropdown default to be user().FullName

For the manager form, i don't need a default. The manager will simply use the dropdown/ combobox to select the employee.

For the employee/ non-manager form, the employee name field needs to be defaulted to User().FullName, and will then be hidden so it cannot be changed.

As you can see in the picture below, i have put the default to User().FullName, but i get an error.  I guess I'm doing something wrong.

Defult error.JPG

rickfear

this part still causes an error

First(Filter(Choices('Leave Requests RF'.'Employee Name'),'Employee Name' = User().FullName))

Invalid argument type

rickfear

I HAVE SOLVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

in DefaultSelectedItems i put [Label10.Text} and it works.

i tried changing the text in the label to another employees name, and it changes the combobox.

Thanks for everyone's help.

TimRohr
Level 10

Glad you got it to work!

I was troubleshooting at the same time, and I got my version of your app to work by putting the First(Filter(Choices())) construction into the DefaultSelectedItems of the Combobox... but in the logical test for my Filter statement I had to reference the ID of the record that Choices() was returning, which is why I asked whether 'Employee Name' was truly holding the name or if it was a lookup field.

You could test that by adding a label to the form and setting the text property to be the combobox Selected property and see what you get. In my case, it was the GUID of the entity record. Whatever you return, that is what you have to match in the logical test portion of the Filter() statement.

(Just adding for anyone who might find this thread in their searching and want to implement the sort of solution I was talking about.)

Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Thank you to everyone who assisted with this thread and I'm glad to hear you found a solution @rickfear!

@TopShelf-MSFT