cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Pankaj1
Level: Powered On

Edit Form in Power app

I am new to Power app, i am trying to create new app to take the data from Sql server can edit the records and update the value in table. For that by referring the below link : 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/working-with-forms

I have created three screens browser Screen, detail Screen and Edit Screen. I have getting data selected column data corrctly in all screens. but my problem is while edit.

1. As per post given in the link,. on Edit screen it shows labels and value in textboxes where as in my Edit screen all are coming labels/text , i have added Item Property as Scree1.selected. Why do i cant see the value in textbox

2. On yes tickmark and top most right , i have added code as SubmitForm(EditScreenName,None) but it is throwing error.

Thanks..

Any help on this two problems will be extremely helpfull

added Sql Source data source , added table fields 

Accepted Solutions
ChrisR
Level 8

Re: Edit Form in Power app

Screen1 would not have Selected data.  You would need to use the gallery on screen1 to get the selected record.

Example:  BrowseGallery1.Selected

The submit would also need to reference the form, not the screen

SubmitForm(Form1)

Chris

Super User Rank
Super User

In addition to what @ChrisR says, please also check you have a primary key in your table. Edit forms do not permit the editing of data against tables without a primary key.

All Replies
ChrisR
Level 8

Screen1 would not have Selected data.  You would need to use the gallery on screen1 to get the selected record.

Example:  BrowseGallery1.Selected

The submit would also need to reference the form, not the screen

SubmitForm(Form1)

Chris

Super User Rank
Super User

In addition to what @ChrisR says, please also check you have a primary key in your table. Edit forms do not permit the editing of data against tables without a primary key.

Pankaj1

Thanks ChrisR and Timl for your help, I am able to edit the screen now for the SQL table. 

Need one more help which is my ulitimate goal. 

I have integrated Powerapp in PowerBI reoprt from app service, power BI report data source is taular cube. 

Is edit possible for the tabular cube, underlying table used in tabular cube should be updated.

Thanks ,,

Pankaj

Akumar

Hello Pankaj,

I do have the same requirement to edit and view the sql data in PowerApps , how are you doing it ?
Have u created any list view to display list of sql data in PowerApps ? Too