cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Akumar
Level: Powered On

Edit and View form screen

Hello, I have sql integration with powerapps, New form is working cool to save the data but now i need something to create a list to show the list of records i the sql table and then user can click and view/edit the data from screen so how can we do it . 1. List view screen to display records. 2. Edit the screen 3. View the sreen Thanks, AK

Accepted Solutions
Super User Rank
Super User

Re: Edit and View form screen

Hi Akumar, You would use a gallery or datatable control to show all of the records in the datasource. However, I suggest that you let PowerApps build an app for you so that you could see the commands and controls that you would use. Then adapt them to your own app. Start by going to web.powerapps.com and choose the third option, Make an app from data. Then if your sql connection is not listed, choose New Connection and on the flyout go down the list and choose Sql Server and find your table. PowerApps will make a complete app from your data. including a Gallery screen, a Display screen and an Edit screen. Play around with that a bit to get familiar with the controls and how they work together.

All Replies
Super User Rank
Super User

Hi Akumar, You would use a gallery or datatable control to show all of the records in the datasource. However, I suggest that you let PowerApps build an app for you so that you could see the commands and controls that you would use. Then adapt them to your own app. Start by going to web.powerapps.com and choose the third option, Make an app from data. Then if your sql connection is not listed, choose New Connection and on the flyout go down the list and choose Sql Server and find your table. PowerApps will make a complete app from your data. including a Gallery screen, a Display screen and an Edit screen. Play around with that a bit to get familiar with the controls and how they work together.
Akumar
Level: Powered On

Thanks,

We are looking something to present data in tabular format and there each row we can select and then perform edit and view /delete is this possible ?
Super User Rank
Super User

Not only is it possible, PowerApps will build the whole thing for you.

Community Support Team Rank
Community Support Team

Hi @Akumar,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to list your SQL table records in tabular format in PowerApps app?

If you want to list your SQL table records in tabular format in PowerApps app, I think the Data Table control could achieve your needs.

Please consider add a Data Table control within the screen of your app, set the Items property to following:

'[dbo].[YourSQLTable]'  /* <-- Type your SQL table data source */

Please check the following video for more details:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fefK35e8Thk

If you want to view a selected record within above Data Table, I think the Display form control could achieve your needs. You could add a Display form control within another screen, set the Item property of the Display form to following:

DataTable1.Selected

Set the DataSource property of the Display form to same data source as above Data Table control.

If you want to edit a selected record within above Data Table, I think the Edit form control could achieve your needs. You could add a Edit form control within another screen, set the Item property of the Display form to following:

DataTable1.Selected

Set the DataSource property of the Edit form to same data source as above Data Table control.

In addition, if you want to delete a selected record, I think the Remove function could achieve your needs.

More details about the Remove function, please check the following article:

Remove function

More details about Data Forms in PowerApps, please check the following article:

Data Forms

Best regards,

Kris

Administrator Rank
Administrator

Thank you for your help in this thread @Drrickryp and @v-xida-msft!

@TopShelf-MSFT