cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Li_Yu
Level: Powered On

Edit response and update SharePoint list

Hi, I am creating an APP for the staff in my company to list down the issues they face while working. There are 4 screens in total including the home page. First, they will have to fill in the issues, date found and root cause of the issues in the third screen and these information will be updated to the SharePoint list I have created. Then, once they have found the corrective and preventive actions, they can select 'Edit' in the second screen which will navigate to the fourth screen to fill in the respective actions.

However, I am encountering a problem where the actions that they submit from the second submission are not in the same row as the issues which they initially submitted.

Hence, I would just like to ask if there is any way for the actions from the second submission to be updated in the same row as the issues from the first submission? 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Edit response and update SharePoint list

Hi @Li_Yu,

Could you please share a bit more about the data structure of your SP list?

Could you please share a screenshot about your app's configuration? Could you please share a bit more about the second screen that you mentioned?

Do you add a Gallery within your second screen to list all Issues records within your SP list?

Based on your statement, I think there is something wrong with your operation. I assume that you have created a column (called "RespectiveAction") in your SP list to store the respective actions, and you add a Edit form control within your third screen and forth screen.

If you want the second submission to be updated in the same row as the issues from the first submission, the Edit form within the third screen and forth screen must connect to same data source, and the Edit form within the Forth screen used to update the first submission record.

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:1 - Copy.JPG

2 - Copy.JPGSecond Screen

3 - Copy.JPGThird Screen

4.JPGForth Screen

Please check the attached GIF screenshot for more details:

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
3 REPLIES 3
Newt
Level: Power Up

How are you saving the data to your SharePoint list?

Are you using the Form control and SubmitForm or the Patch function?

Li_Yu
Level: Powered On

Hi, I am using SubmitForm function!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Li_Yu,

Could you please share a bit more about the data structure of your SP list?

Could you please share a screenshot about your app's configuration? Could you please share a bit more about the second screen that you mentioned?

Do you add a Gallery within your second screen to list all Issues records within your SP list?

Based on your statement, I think there is something wrong with your operation. I assume that you have created a column (called "RespectiveAction") in your SP list to store the respective actions, and you add a Edit form control within your third screen and forth screen.

If you want the second submission to be updated in the same row as the issues from the first submission, the Edit form within the third screen and forth screen must connect to same data source, and the Edit form within the Forth screen used to update the first submission record.

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:1 - Copy.JPG

2 - Copy.JPGSecond Screen

3 - Copy.JPGThird Screen

4.JPGForth Screen

Please check the attached GIF screenshot for more details:

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.