cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
xzDan
Level 8

Editable Gallery - Issue wih Combobox / Possible workaround

I would like to be able to have the user edit the visible fields on a gallery which include comboboxes.

I did attempt something with text boxes and comboboxes in each field, and when the row is selected, those controls become editable, else they are view only.

This seemed to work for the textboxes, but for the comboboxes, I found that after playing around on different rows, it ends up that the combobox is no longer editable ( I cannot see a dropdown etc.) and only one - the last one before it messed up - retains the dropdown.

If I allow all to be editable at all times, this issue still occurs with only one remaining with a dropdown, and the others behave like labels

As an alternative, is it at all possible to have a row of controls, and when the user selects the row, this row of controls moves to the position of that gallery's row (and would move with scrolling up and down etc)? I dont think it is, but thought I would ask anyway.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
xzDan
Level 8

Re: Editable Gallery - Issue wih Combobox / Possible workaround

hi @v-monli-msft 

I have made some further tests on a standalone app, which seems to not have this issue. I will test again tomorrow. I have attached my test app.

I made a 'cover' for each row because otherwise it isn't reliable with editing only available on the selected row (if you dont select the gallery itself, but the control, it won't mark it as selected).

I deliberately gave 100 items to have it tested on something somewhat large.

For optimizations I suppose I ought to make a button to explicitly save the changes

Edit:

In fact i may not need the cover at all, and allow all to be edited. I only do that to set the controls to disabled if they are not selected as I think it improves performance

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @xzDan ,

Could you please share the related formulas here?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
xzDan
Level 8

hi @v-monli-msft 

I have made some further tests on a standalone app, which seems to not have this issue. I will test again tomorrow. I have attached my test app.

I made a 'cover' for each row because otherwise it isn't reliable with editing only available on the selected row (if you dont select the gallery itself, but the control, it won't mark it as selected).

I deliberately gave 100 items to have it tested on something somewhat large.

For optimizations I suppose I ought to make a button to explicitly save the changes

Edit:

In fact i may not need the cover at all, and allow all to be edited. I only do that to set the controls to disabled if they are not selected as I think it improves performance