Level: Powered On

Email to CDS

I am trying to build a database for emails to common data service for an email app:

I would like the following fields extracted from the email and put into the common database.

MS Flow doesn't have all these fields so I can't go direct from Gmail to CDS flow. But Zapier does have these fields so is there a way I can connect Gmail -> MS Excel with CDS that auto publishes data on creation of a new row?

From Name
Reply Name
Reply Email Address
To Email Address
To Name
Subject
BodyPlain
BodyHTML
From Email Address
Date Time Received
Message ID
Message URL
CC Email Address
CC Names
Attachments
AttachmentFileName
AttachmentFileType
Community Support Team

Re: Email to CDS

Hi Pladavm,

I assume you are trying to create a flow to create a new record when an email arrives.

1.png

Currently, Zapier has not been supported yet, I have seen an idea on PowerApps Ideas Forum, please vote and comment this idea at here:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Zapier/idi-p/3253

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

@v-yamao-msft Hi Mabel,

Yes unfortunately the fields from the Gmail trigger doesn't include all the same fields from Zapier trigger.

What I would like to do is for Zapier: Gmail Trigger when new email received -> MS Excel Action - add a new row to sheet -> MS Excel PowerApp Add In publishes the change to the Common Data Service.

I can get new row add to the MS Excel sheet (linked to CDS) but I have to manually press publish how do I trigger publish automatically?

@v-yamao-msft Hi Mabel,

Yes unfortunately the fields from the Gmail trigger doesn't include all the same fields from Zapier trigger.

What I would like to do is for Zapier: Gmail Trigger when new email received -> MS Excel Action - add a new row to sheet -> MS Excel PowerApp Add In publishes the change to the Common Data Service.

I can get new row add to the MS Excel sheet (linked to CDS) but I have to manually press publish how do I trigger publish automatically?

PowerApps Staff

Hi Pladavm,

I would suggest not using the Add in in this case (as you will need to click publish) and instread use Flow to go from Excel > CDS for that final leg. Flow can then monitor for new rows being created in the Excel file, and you can use Zapier if they have the fields you need.

Let me know how you go. I'll also pass on your feedback to the connector team about the fields that you're looking for.

Thanks,

"Flow can then monitor for new rows being created in the Excel file"

@CWesener How? There is no Excel triggers in Flow? 

PowerApps Staff

Hi Pladavm,

Apologies - on initial review I didn't notice there wasnt a trigger - however, you could use the schedule trigger to run the flow on a recurrence and then use the Get Rows for Excel. Would this work?