cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swickie
Level: Powered On

Error 400 - data type is not supported

Hi - I'm trying to connect to a Sharepoint list and get the above error. The column in question "Status" is a lookup field, multiple values are not allowed. I have several lookup columns in the list, but this is the only (or maybe first) one it fails on. The Status column is a site column, and the lookup list is also in the parent site. The list I'm trying to connect to is in a subsite. Is this the reason? Do the columns all need to exist within that list?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Error 400 - data type is not supported

Hi @swickie ,

Can you show me completed error message ?

What is the type of the status column reference column from lookup list ?

Do you add an additional field as a column ?

I have made a test. There’s no issue on my side.

4.PNG

Please take a try to delete the LookUp column, then re-add it, check if the issue is solved.

Regards,

Eason

Community Support Team _ Eason YU
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
swickie
Level: Powered On

Re: Error 400 - data type is not supported

Hi Eason

Thank you for your response. Attached is a screenshot of the error. The status lookup is just a list of 8 text options, and there are no additional fields. 

The list that I'm trying to connect to is a copy of another in the same site. The original list connects OK, but the list copy doesn't connect. The list copy is in subsite. Could this be the reason?

Thanks,

Sarah