Level: Powered On

[Error] CDS Excel Add-in

Excel consistently crashes as soon as "Data Connectivity Applet Loaded" occurs.  Nothing I seem to do fixes this.  Any ideas?  

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: EXCEL.EXE
Application Version: 16.0.7369.2118
Application Timestamp: 58aa5665
Fault Module Name: EXCEL.EXE
Fault Module Version: 16.0.7369.2118
Fault Module Timestamp: 58aa5665
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00000000006541cb
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Community Support Team

Re: [Error] CDS Excel Add-in

Hi Bostic,

I just tried to open a CDS entity in Excel, but I didn’t get any error message. All the data can be loaded.

I am not sure if this is a temporary issue. Could you please try again to open an entity in Excel to see if it works now?

Please also make sure you have added the Microsoft PowerApps Office Add-in successfully. Please refer to this article:
https://store.office.com/en-001/app.aspx?assetid=WA104380330&ui=en-US&rs=en-001&ad=US&appredirect=fa...

Have you tried with any other entities? Do other entities get the same issue?

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Excel still crashes and I still get the error when I run it through my work computer.  There appears to be a firewall issue.  However, it works fine when I run it at home.

Also here's a little odd thing I found.  The Add-in does not work if you do not have IE installed.  I had to reinstall IE even though I had Edge as my primary browser.

Community Support Team

Hi Bostic,

It might be caused by the firewall settings. Please check the firewall settings at your company.

Thanks for feedback. It seems that IE is being used by default. The same with you, Edge is also my primary browser, but I am also asked to enter my credentials on IE.
I am trying to find some documentation about this issue.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

PowerApps Staff

Hi Bostic,

Can you let us know if you're still having this problem? If you are I'd like to get some other information so we can look into it further.

Thanks,

Never worked so I stopped trying...  

Now my powerapp sub is out.  

Good luck!