cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ankita_Rane
Level: Power Up

Error "the type of this argument does not match the expected type" while setting the Regarding lookup of Notes entity in Dynamics365 CE

Hi,

I am trying to create a Note Record in Dynamics365 through PowerApp using Patch function.

But I am getting the error as "the type of this argument does not match the expected type GUID.Found Text" while setting the "Regarding" field on Note record as shown in below screenshot:

Untitled.png

Previously, there was a app setting as below to avoid the above error as shown in below screenshot:

But the setting has been removed in the latest update which is causing the above error to appear again.

Untitled.png

Please can any one let me know how to resolve this error?Smiley Frustrated

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Error "the type of this argument does not match the expected type" while setting the Regarding lookup of Notes entity in Dynamics365 CE

Hi @Ankita_Rane ,

Do you want to add a new reocrd into your Note Entity using Patch function?

The "Use GUID data types instead of strings" functionality has been removed from Advanced settings of App settings, please check the following blog for more details:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/display-names-and-guids-for-canvas-apps-graduate/

I have made a test on my side, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs using Patch function within PowerApps currently.

If you would like the "Use GUID data types instead of strings" functionality to be added within PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Ankita_Rane
Level: Power Up

Re: Error "the type of this argument does not match the expected type" while setting the Regarding lookup of Notes entity in Dynamics365 CE

Thanks for the response.

Then how should I create a note record while linking the "Regarding" field in PowerApp?

As creating a note record in powerapps requires _objectid_value and _objectid_type. Please help.