Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
djg
Level: Power Up

Error - the given guid doesn't exist in term store

Hi,

I am developing a PowerApp for a SharePoint list library. The SP list library has a lot of fields so I have created separate forms in the app for users in different departments to populate their respective data. I get the submit form button on the first form to work but I cant seem to get the submit form button on the other forms to work.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Error - the given guid doesn't exist in term store

@djg 

Not necessarily.  You can still use an Edit form, but you need to provide the proper information for the Update property of the DataCard so that it will put the correct information in the MMD column.

The bad part is that (and I haven't looked at this for a while) the support for the term store doesn't really exist in PowerApps, so you need to know the GUID's of the terms you want to use. Although, I've seen some folks work around this to some degree.

If you are using an Edit form, then you need to put a formula similar (obviously filled in with the proper information) to this in your Update property of the DataCard:

{'@odata.type':"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedTaxonomy",
    'TermGuid': yourGUID,
    'WssId': WssId,
    'Label': Label,
    'Path': Path,
    'Value': Value
  }

If you are going to use a Patch, then you will need a similar formula, but you will also then need to deal with all the other columns in the Patch on your own.

Here is a good article on some of this information and how you can go about it.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

@djg 

Is one of the columns in your SharePoint list defined as a MetaData Column?

From the error, it sounds like it...in which case, yes, you would need to supply a GUID to the term store item, not a text value.

I hope that is helpful or at least gives you something to explore.

djg
Level: Power Up

@RandyHayes  yes, I do have a few Managed MetaData columns in the form. @ have done a bit more research and it seams as if I need to be using the Patch function.

Super User
Super User

@djg 

Not necessarily.  You can still use an Edit form, but you need to provide the proper information for the Update property of the DataCard so that it will put the correct information in the MMD column.

The bad part is that (and I haven't looked at this for a while) the support for the term store doesn't really exist in PowerApps, so you need to know the GUID's of the terms you want to use. Although, I've seen some folks work around this to some degree.

If you are using an Edit form, then you need to put a formula similar (obviously filled in with the proper information) to this in your Update property of the DataCard:

{'@odata.type':"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedTaxonomy",
    'TermGuid': yourGUID,
    'WssId': WssId,
    'Label': Label,
    'Path': Path,
    'Value': Value
  }

If you are going to use a Patch, then you will need a similar formula, but you will also then need to deal with all the other columns in the Patch on your own.

Here is a good article on some of this information and how you can go about it.