Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Migrated_User
Level 10

Excel File Limitation

Content migrated from TechNet.  Post attribution to:  PK Hong

Support Request:

I have got the reply from Harold Kless of PG saying that Excel File Rows Limitation = 5000. Project Siena is 15,000 rows

I wish to have the support from those using Excel file (either from DropBox, OD, GD).

https://powerapps.uservoice.com/forums/331617-general/suggestions/11727750-excel-file-rows-limitatio...

Reason:

1. PowerApps means for Enterprise Apps. That means Data will increase pretty fast. So, if MS encourages us to use Work Mail (School Mail) to write and share apps, and instead of keep having limitation, forcing us to use SQL (which to be opened later and subscribed), then it will definitely demotivate us

2. Examples:

- We have successfully developed (to supplement current company ERP system, which is so inflexible) Tooling Control Apps, where we have 500 Molds, running 24 hours. We have ongoing maintenance activities, so on and so forth. With average 20 records / mold, within a month, we will have about 300,000 records. That means, we have to back-up and delete original records every 2 days.

- I helped School to create apps for keeping Teachers' Teaching Curriculum. Average No of Teachers / school is 30. With records stand at average 5 / teacher / day. we will create 750 records/week. That means we need to back up and delete original records every 6.7 weeks.

We are going to start using the apps with Win 10 and iPhone/iPad. What if when Android Phone started to be opened abd used (in my wife's school, there are 24 Android phones out of 25).

I sincerely ask for the support of all using Excel file to vote to support to increase at least to 15,000 rows or more.

Microsoft PG: Please don't give us Ferrari, and limit the speed to 50 kph. TQ

Thanks and Happy Lunar Chinese New Year (for native Chinese)  

PK Hong

1 REPLY 1
redsch
Level: Powered On

Re: Excel File Limitation

That 15k rows limit still exists.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, August 21st at 8am PDT

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

SixthImage

Power Summit Australia 2019

August 20-23rd 2019

Users Online
Currently online: 144 members 5,476 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: