cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SaWu
Level 8

Explicit Column Selection breaks my PowerApp (c106ea27-99b0-41e6-818a-190467867ecf)

Please be so kind as to read the whole post before responding.
I am not actually expecting a response to this post.
Thank you for consideration.

I reported an issue some weeks ago
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Difference-between-Preview-from-Studio-and-We...
with one PowerApp (App ID: c106ea27-99b0-41e6-818a-190467867ecf) initially only working as Preview in Studio, but not with any Players, in which my PowerApp would not even load properly.

After creating a support ticket, I got an email from support/Mindtree Limited/Microsoft suggesting to turn off "Explicit column selection" with no further details.
This suggestions makes my PowerApp work and load properly, but after further questioning, if there were any other consequences, I just got a call with the content essentially being, that, one, Mindtree only had a bulletin suggesting that the turning off explicit column selection alleviated some (?) issues but no further documentation themselves, and that, two, I should post my issue in the forums, for the "team" (?) might see it.
Hence, I have (re-)posted this message with a link to my original post and with a more catchy title.

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Explicit Column Selection breaks my PowerApp (c106ea27-99b0-41e6-818a-190467867ecf)

Hi @SaWu,

Currently, within PowerApps, there may have something issue with the "Explicit column selection" functionality. The product team is improving this feature.

In addition, in order to reduce the memory consumption when you run your app, there are still some other performance tips you need to care. Please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/performance-tips

If the "Explicit column selection" functionality issue has been fixed, I would reply here.

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.