I'm looking for a way to export data from powerapps to a new excel file (preferred) or a new worksheet. Just wondering if it's possible. Kind of like a shopping cart function. I'm really new to powerapps so any assitance would be appreciated. Thankss.
1. Pull data from a static data source.
2. Select entries that I want and create a collection
3. Save and edit the collection
4. Export the collection to a new excel file/worksheet with a name of the current order (I assume i'll have to use flow for this)
- Flow cant seem to detect my power app
- Cant pull a collection from power app into flow resulting in blank excel files/worksheets.
You cannot achieve this using PowerApps/Flow now. PowerApps cannot create file and Flow can only create the whole file directly. The only workaround I could think of is using Flow directly. But Flow cannot connect to local excel file. You have to update it to a data source like OneDrive, then copy the file to create a new one using a flow like below:
I see that there's a new conrol call as 'export data' and 'import data'. When I use the export data control to export a collection, it generates .json file with header, schema and content.
Is it posisble to use these files indirecrly to generate an excel sheet or .csv? Is it possible put these files on OneDrive and then get MS flow to use these files (json file, schema and content) to generate a .csv?
If not, then what is the use of the export and import data contorls?