Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Owizardo
Level: Powered On

Extreme slowness navigating to a page

Hi there,

I have a probleme that ive had with Powerapps for quite sometime. I have a simple Nagivate() to swtich from one page to another. It seems to take 10-15 seconds to load. At first i thought it was a long collection that was running so I removed all the collection. Im still getting 10-15 seconds.

What I narrowed it down to is that if I have alot of controls / labels and shapes in my application. I have a large form with a tab system where certain control are hidden depending on what is selected.  I removed controls that connect to Sharepoint queries and tried to simplify my setup. 

No matter what i do, I cant seem to gain any sort of major improvements. Does anyone know if theres a limit to have many controls you can have in one screenor have any other ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Owizardo

Re: Extreme slowness navigating to a page

Hey thanks for the follow up. I ended following your suggestion about taking my form piece by piece.
At the moment it seems a bit better but I feel like the major slowness was due to conditionnal visibility of Canvas cards. I redid my whole system to avoid using canvas cards. 

So for the moment, instead of taking 10 secs to load it more like 5-6 secs. So theres a gain but I feel like that will be the best its going to be for now. It is a large form afterall with about 50+ control with conditionnal visibilty. 

So im happy for now. 

3 REPLIES 3
KroonOfficeSol
Level 10

@Owizardo 

First, try to add a new screen and make your Navigate() formula to go to that screen.

Is it fast now, then copy-paste part by part to the new screen till you find the reason for the delay.  

Is it still slow then look at:

• Screen.OnHidden - are their formulas which reset the screen you come from
  • Are there other formulas on the button where the Navigate() formula is, then comment them out to see what happens.

Hope this helps you fix this.

Paul

Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Owizardo are you still experiencing slowness? Can you update the thread if the above reply was helpful? 

Thank you,

@TopShelf-MSFT 

Owizardo

Hey thanks for the follow up. I ended following your suggestion about taking my form piece by piece.
At the moment it seems a bit better but I feel like the major slowness was due to conditionnal visibility of Canvas cards. I redid my whole system to avoid using canvas cards. 

So for the moment, instead of taking 10 secs to load it more like 5-6 secs. So theres a gain but I feel like that will be the best its going to be for now. It is a large form afterall with about 50+ control with conditionnal visibilty. 

So im happy for now.