cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SvenV
Level 8

Extremely slow

Hi

In last couple of days I have noticed that the web editor and the windows designer have become extremely slow. On all kind of operations, duplicating screens, trying to save, ..

The app I'm currently building is large and has a lot of screens (60-70) screens and growing. Is there a limitation? Will I get in trouble soon?

Are there any ways to optimize speed and loading times?

Thanks 

9 REPLIES 9
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Extremely slow

Hi @SvenV,

After some researching, it seems that there is no such exact limitation documented. I have seen folks reported that when working with large amount of data records, Power App studio would become slower. In addition to the large data, the app configuration could be another reason, specially for the galleries. Please take a look at the thread below:

Performance questions for moderately complex app

If you are using PowerApps Studio in the store, then please make sure you have the latest version installed, this would be helpful regarding performance.

Besides, another thread for the performance of App loading:

Slow to load

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
SvenV
Level 8

Hi 

I did some more research and it's not that it is using a lot of CPU, it is mainly hogging up a lot of RAM. Almost 6GB :/

2017-08-18 11_36_38-Task Manager.png

This looks a lot like a memory leak..

I'm also in the business of software creation and I know how hard it is to analyse performance issues and to investigate these type of issues. Problem is that PowerApps does not feel as a mature product. Creating apps like this is a nightmare. (sorry to be so direct). I would LOVE to see a fluent designer where it is a pure joy to create apps in..

How can I help in providing the necessary diagnostics to help go towards this vision?

Hi Sven,

Using Powerapps since the beginning, I never experiment such a high memory consumption. Is it the same with a blank app ? Or can you please specify what you are doing in your app ? Are you using the last version of studio ? How many connections / screens in your application ?

best regards

Matthieu Megaly
SvenV
Level 8

This was not in the beginning as well..Currently the app has about 70-80 screens. Connection with SQL Azure and OneDrive using several different tables from both data sources (20 something connections). The amount shouldn't be a problem as MS confirmed in another post. The app is just very basic data entry and some galleries, nothing too special.

SvenV
Level 8

Almost 8GB of RAM usage, can't understand why no one from MS is responding to this thread..

2017-09-01 23_13_21-Clipboard.png

oodlesofnoodles
Level: Power Up

I have to agree with OP, my expierence with PowerApps Designer has been nothing but a slow, laggy experience.

I have two screens, one of which is a gallery with maybe 10 items, and the second is a form with about 30+ fields. Data source is a SP list. I have tried a blank app and the performance is better. 

2 screens and 30 fields is nothing compared to OP's 60-70 screens, but yet I have the same issue. How is this product suppose to replace Infopath if it can't even handle this small load?

JRaasumaa
Level 10

@SvenV wrote:

This was not in the beginning as well..Currently the app has about 70-80 screens. Connection with SQL Azure and OneDrive using several different tables from both data sources (20 something connections). The amount shouldn't be a problem as MS confirmed in another post. The app is just very basic data entry and some galleries, nothing too special.

You are in the exact same situation I'm in with app development in this. We don't have many complex screens but are at about 50-60 screens and 20 something connections and it's cripplingly slow. Everything editing related just plain sucks!

JRaasumaa
Level 10

Still experiencing these massive memory loads. It's even persistent after closing the app but leaving the editor open, right now my machine has 2.5GB used up in memory from a closed app... Time to get your act together Microsoft!

Highlighted
fmay
Level: Powered On

Same here, I'm trying to desgin a simple app that writes to a simple list and the designer (web) is EXTREMELY slow and buggy.... almost unusable. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Tomorrow, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 296 members 5,081 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: