cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dehongjung
Level: Power Up

Fail Error when loading Data from Excel Table

Hi, I currently have 3 apps developed that use Excel table as database. Everything was working just fine until two days ago. Suddently I started noticing errors on all 3 apps related to opening/access the excel table. Error: "Failed to load Table. You don't have permission to view this data. Server response: Cannot read file from filesource" I have shared the excel files with all permissions with every user and already re-did the connection with the database on Powerapps. I didn't modified anything before these error starting appearing. Can someone help me? Thanks, De Hong

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft Employee

Re: Fail Error when loading Data from Excel Table

I meant that the actual Excel file can be configured to not allow changes (from Excel settings). Also, is somebody opens that file then it will be locked for editing while the actual file permissions would be correct. Thank you for providing the session id. Looking at the application logs, I can only find permission related errors similar to the ones that you see. If you already tried creating another test Excel file, tested it from the app and confirmed that it ahs the same error then the only test to run is to copy your file somewhere else (OneDrive, Google Drive or else) in order to rule out any file issues.

All Replies
Microsoft Employee

Please make sure that the actual Excel file is editable as well (the author could have prevent the file from being edited). Also, I would suggest to test with a new sample Excel file in order to rule out permission and connector issues.
dehongjung
Level: Power Up

I already have verified the permission to edit the files and everything is ok. And I also tried other samples but the error continues...

If it helps, my session id is:

a09fa22a-50a5-48b0-8ef0-4c1599ecaee1

Microsoft Employee

I meant that the actual Excel file can be configured to not allow changes (from Excel settings). Also, is somebody opens that file then it will be locked for editing while the actual file permissions would be correct. Thank you for providing the session id. Looking at the application logs, I can only find permission related errors similar to the ones that you see. If you already tried creating another test Excel file, tested it from the app and confirmed that it ahs the same error then the only test to run is to copy your file somewhere else (OneDrive, Google Drive or else) in order to rule out any file issues.