Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dimi
Level 10

Failed to delete model-driven app

Hey all

When trying to delete a Model Driven app i get the following error message:

Principal user (Id=GUID, type=8, roleCount=3, privilegeCount=462, accessMode=0, is missing prvDeleteAppModule privilege (Id=GUID) on OTC=9006

This happens with all model driven apps, not with canvas apps. Also what i can observe is that while all apps are created under the same account, the value that comes in the Owner field displays you for the Canvas apps but shows my Display name for the model driven apps.

Anyone can shed some light on this? Does this has to do with rights?

Thank you in advance

Kind regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
PowerApps Staff caburk
PowerApps Staff

Re: Failed to delete model-driven app

The first issue is permission related. I'm assuming you have the "Environment Maker" security role assigned? You'd need a higher level role to delete model-driven apps.

The reason is model-driven apps are actually owned by the organization, not an individual user. Because of this, delete permission can only be assigned at the organization level - meaning if you have that permission you can delete anyone's app in the entire environment. That's why the environment maker role, which users get by default, does not have the permission. 

We're also looking into the 2nd issue and this is good feedback. Per the above explanation, "owner" is not actually accurate if it displays a user.

More info on organization vs user owned.

7 REPLIES 7
Administrator
Administrator

adding in @aorth to review.

@TopShelf-MSFT 

mackw009
Level: Powered On

We are also experiencing this issue

bschwe01
Level: Power Up

We are having the exact same issue.  Any ideas how to correct the problem.

dimi
Level 10

As an update i can confirm that an Administrator of the organisation can delete it, so it is not for everyone.

Even if it has something to do with rights, there is still the issue of the Owner property showing differently.

mdysart
Level: Power Up

Same issue here.

Highlighted
PowerApps Staff caburk
PowerApps Staff

The first issue is permission related. I'm assuming you have the "Environment Maker" security role assigned? You'd need a higher level role to delete model-driven apps.

The reason is model-driven apps are actually owned by the organization, not an individual user. Because of this, delete permission can only be assigned at the organization level - meaning if you have that permission you can delete anyone's app in the entire environment. That's why the environment maker role, which users get by default, does not have the permission. 

We're also looking into the 2nd issue and this is good feedback. Per the above explanation, "owner" is not actually accurate if it displays a user.

More info on organization vs user owned.

dimi
Level 10

Thank you for the answer, this makes sense now!