cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pasweh
Level: Powered On

Faulty saving process(?)

Hello,

since the last update from version 3.19041.12 to 3.19042.26 a part of my app is saved wrong every time, so it doesn't work properly anymore.

It also doesn't help if I correct the error, after saving it it is there again.

The error always occurs (and only then) if the following part is in the OnSelect command:

Spoiler
ClearCollect(
_MyBookings;
SortByColumns(
Filter(
Office365.GetEventsCalendarViewV2(
"Calendar";
Text(
DatePicker4.SelectedDate;
UTC
);
Text(
DateAdd(
DatePicker4_1.SelectedDate;
1;
Days
);
UTC
)
).value;
Organizer = Office365Users.MyProfileV2().mail;
LookUp(
AllRooms;
Name = Location;
) > 0
);
"Start"
)
);;

I have integrated this part into three buttons and after saving the ";" are doubled in the command text, which looks like this:

Spoiler
ClearCollect(
_MyBookings;;
SortByColumns(
Filter(
"Calendar";;
Text(
DatePicker4.SelectedDate;;
UTC
);;
Text(
DateAdd(
DatePicker4_1.SelectedDate;;
1;;
Days
);;
UTC
)
).value;;
Organizer = Office365Users.MyProfileV2().mail;;
LookUp(
AllRooms;;
Name = Location;;
) > 0
);;
"Start"
)
);;;;

As soon as I remove this part, everything is saved correctly. Since I am still at the beginning of my PowerApps journey, I have unfortunately reached the end of my knowledge.

Any ideas how to solve this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pasweh

Re: Faulty saving process(?)

If this topic concerns anyone else, here is the final feedback from Microsoft Support:

"We have identified an issue with our save process involving localization. Would it be possible for your to edit the app in an English studio while we work on a bug fix? This should allow you to save/load without running into this issue. The first load in a different language will still require a fix up to the rules to adjust the formula punctuators, but it will work after this one time fix."

For PowerApps, I think I will now generally switch from de-DE to en-US in order to avoid such problems in the future.

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @pasweh ,

Are you using web browser version PowerApps? Using double semi-colons or semicolon depends on the locale you are running PowerApps in.

The expression syntax changes depending on whether decimal points use period or comma. See https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/global-apps/ , specifically "Formula separators and chaining operators". 

It sounds like your OS locale (which is what Studio uses) is different to the locale your browser is set to (which is what the web version uses). 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
pasweh

Hi @v-monli-msft,

Thank you for your fast reply. Yes, I am using the web browser version. The situation with the double semicolons and single semicolons based on the locale is know to me.

My OS and my browser are both working the same locale setting, de-de. The strange thing is, that it all worked properly before the mentioned version change and that for several weeks.

In the meantime I was able to investigate the error a little more closely. For one of the buttons several variables are set before and after the error-causing command. If I reduce it to a single SET-command before and after the command, it saves everything correctly. But if I add a second SET-command after the first one, the error occurs again.

Multiple SET-commands one after the other only work if I remove the error-causing command part.

For two of the three affected buttons I was now able to fix the error by inserting the set commands into CONCURRENT-command. Now it looks like this and works properly again:

Spoiler
Concurrent(
Set(
_OverviewVisible;
false
);
Set(
_calendarVisible;
false
);
Set(
_TimeRangeVisible;
true
);
Set(
_LoadingSpinnerVisible;
true
);
Set(
_MyBookingsVisible;
true
);
ClearCollect(
_MyBookings;
SortByColumns(
Filter(
"Calendar";
Text(
DatePicker4.SelectedDate;
UTC
);
Text(
DateAdd(
DatePicker4_1.SelectedDate;
1;
Days
);
UTC
)
).value;
Organizer = Office365Users.MyProfileV2().mail;
LookUp(
AllRooms;
Name = Location;
) > 0
);
"Start"
)
));;
Set(
_LoadingSpinnerVisible;
false
)

For the third button I still have to find a solution, because the complete command of it is much more complex.

AlexN
Level 8

I had a similar problem, in my case it was the ForAll function that messed everything up.

I reworked the code to not use it and now everything is fine.

What helped me find this was splitting very deeply nested function calls (like ClearCollect(XX,ForAll(Filter(Search(... ) into separate lines and then entering all the code one line after each other with saving and reopening the app in between. This way I was able to find the "faulty" function which I then was able to get a workaround not using it until Microsoft fixes this.

pasweh

If this topic concerns anyone else, here is the final feedback from Microsoft Support:

"We have identified an issue with our save process involving localization. Would it be possible for your to edit the app in an English studio while we work on a bug fix? This should allow you to save/load without running into this issue. The first load in a different language will still require a fix up to the rules to adjust the formula punctuators, but it will work after this one time fix."

For PowerApps, I think I will now generally switch from de-DE to en-US in order to avoid such problems in the future.

AlexN
Level 8

And this works for you? Had tried that too, saving, loading and editing then worked agin, but our users (with in this case German setting for their apps and browsers) still weren't able to start / use the app...

pasweh

To be on the safe side, I just re-tested it. The app was created in a browser with the localization "en-US" (so with "," and ";").

Nevertheless, it can be executed with a German user account in a browser with the localization "de-DE" without any problems.