cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
vish_p
Level 8

Fetch attachment from one record and show in details section of another record

I have a requirement that i am having a gallery (my SPlist) in my app and when an user clicks on the item it will take the user to details page of that particular item and in that i am showing the attachemnts of the items also.

There are 2 columns names ID to which PO is attached to Custom ID ,the data to ID to which PO is attached to column is entered by user in sharepoint itself  and for the Custom ID  column i am copying data from the ID column of another list 

But the logic i want to implement here is that,for each and every record there will be a "ID to which PO is attached to" value which inturn will be a "Custom ID" value of any other record on the same list,now for the selected item i need to check the "ID to which PO is attached to"  value and take that value and search in that list ,for the record whose "Custom ID" =  "ID to which PO is attached to" (selected item),i need to show the attachment of that item in details,please help.

Accepted Solutions
vish_p
Level 8

Re: Fetch attachment from one record and show in details section of another record

Thanks all for the reponses Smiley Happy

But somehow i made out a solution and the below mentioned formula works fine for now :

LookUp('PO list',ThisItem.ID_x0020_to_x0020_which_x0020_PO = customid).'{Attachments}'

All Replies
Administrator Rank
Administrator

Re: Fetch attachment from one record and show in details section of another record

Hi @vish_p thank you for posting this question. I will have my support team review and an update will be posted in this thread

@TopShelf-MSFT

Super User Rank
Super User

Hi @vish_p,

Id like to help you with this but I’m having difficulty following you. If you don’t mind please review my posts in the Community blog. If you could reframe your question in terms of the type of relationships between the tables, I might better understand your problem.

vish_p
Level 8

Thanks all for the reponses Smiley Happy

But somehow i made out a solution and the below mentioned formula works fine for now :

LookUp('PO list',ThisItem.ID_x0020_to_x0020_which_x0020_PO = customid).'{Attachments}'