Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
erikah
Level: Powered On

Field Required Error when value is in field

Hello,

I've been getting this really weird error on one of my screens. I will fill all the components of my screen, hit submit and an error pops up that says, "An entry is required or has an invalid value. Please correct and try again." I make my way back to the screen and then it shows "Field Required" under the title page that was filled prior to submitting. I'm stumped. I even messed with my app setting because that helped me with previous screens. I don't understand. I have attached sequential pictures that show what happens and I showed my setting for the combo box in question. Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it. beforeerrors.pngaftererrors.pngaftererrors1.pngerrors1.pngerrors2.pngerrors3.png 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Field Required Error when value is in field

Hi @erikah 

Thats strange! Even though form suggests that the field is not required, still you are getting this error. Can you try to delete this data card and add it again?

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
8 REPLIES 8
Super User
Super User

Hi @erikah 

Can you please check if the "Update" property of the Title DataCard is :

ComboBox1.Selected.Title 

Please make sure that you are adding the value you want to save in the Update filed in the required format so that the form gets saved successfully.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

erikah

@yashag2255 

The card has that syntax in Update. I tried zeroing it out and then retyping it in, still didn't work. combobox1.png

Super User
Super User

Hey @erikah 

Can you please confirm that Combobox1.Selected.Title is returning the value that you want to save? You can test this out by creating a temporary label and add the "Text" property as ComboBox1.Selected.Title
This should be the value you are writing back to the form.

Hope this Helps!

erikah

@yashag2255 

I tested it with the label and it is returning the correct value. It's almost like it's resetting after I hit submit. I have also tried disconnecting and then connecting the data source. Still didn't work. 

Super User
Super User

Hey @erikah 

Based on the screenshot that you have shared, I can see that on the Edit View, there is a text "Connect to Data or Insert  items."

Can you please confirm if there is only one form on the screen and you are trying to submit the correct form?

Hope this Helps!

erikah

@yashag2255 

That background that you see is the Gallery I had to create in order for my form to show up. I have it set to blank because I'm only using it as a way to see my form. 

Super User
Super User

Hi @erikah 

Thats strange! Even though form suggests that the field is not required, still you are getting this error. Can you try to delete this data card and add it again?

Hope this Helps!

erikah

They one did it it! Well, I took it a step further and made a new form. It has to be some sort of glitch.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 208 members 4,748 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: