cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Dudditz
Level: Powered On

File System Connector with Powerapps

Does anyone know if we can use the File system connector in conjuction with the Gateway within Power Apps to create a folder on an on-prem file server?  These seems possible from within Flow however when I add the connector to Power apps, fill out the infromation such as gateway, etc. the next screen simply has a browse box to select an excel file, not sure what this means and or why it's asking for an excel file.  I simply have one goal, create a folder on an on-premise file server by selecting a button.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: File System Connector with Powerapps

@Dudditz 

I figured it might be the case of creating a temp file in an unmade folder would do the trick.

However, from PowerApps, I believe your best step is to call a Flow that will create the file/folder and you can call that from your App.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

@Dudditz 

PowerApps is asking you for a DataSource.  Not what you want!

This would be best done in Flow...however, I'm not aware of any function on the FileSystem connector that would create a folder.  Did you use something to do this?

Another option would be to use Flow/PowerApps to trigger a PowerShell script to run on the FileSystem to create the folder.  Essentially, you would set up a watcher on the prem side to watch a file/folder, then when your PowerApp/Flow creates a file in that location, the PowerShell would kick off to actually create the folder you need.

I hope that provides some fuel for thought.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Dudditz
Level: Powered On

Thanks for the feedback, I could not get this to work with only powerapps however by calling a flow and using the create file function I used a placeholder.txt file and it will create the folders I have defined where placing the file.  So basically, you can't just create folders however by deleting the file with flow it should meet my requirements.

Super User
Super User

@Dudditz 

I figured it might be the case of creating a temp file in an unmade folder would do the trick.

However, from PowerApps, I believe your best step is to call a Flow that will create the file/folder and you can call that from your App.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

Users Online
Currently online: 169 members 5,361 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: