cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NielsL
Level: Powered On

Filter Gallery by Dynamics 365/CDS MultiSelect Option Set

Hi, I'm trying to filter a gallery based on a Dynamics 365/CDS MultiSelect Option Set. I can see that MultiSelect Option Sets are supported in Canvas Apps (e.g. on forms), and that they work as they do in Model-driven Apps, which is great. But is it possible to filter a gallery using that data type? Right now I'm struggling to even get the values into a Combobox from the MultiSelect Option Set. And then next - is it even possible to filter the gallery using that Combobox or will I run into delegation warnings? Any input is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team Rank
Community Support Team

Re: Filter Gallery by Dynamics 365/CDS MultiSelect Option Set

Hi @NielsL,

Do you want to populate a MultiSelect Option Set column values from a Dynamics 365/CDS entity into a Combo Box control?

The user @JamieD76 has faced similar issue with you, please check my response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Common-Data-Service-for-Apps/Option-Set-not-Displaying-on-DropDo...

Currently, Dropdown control or Combo Box control do not support Option Set/MultiSelect Option Set data type from CDS entity/Dynamics 365, the Product Team is working on this feature.

If you want to populate a MultiSelect Option Set column values from a Dynamics 365/CDS entity into a Combo Box control, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

In addition, there is also no way to filter the gallery using that Combobox in PowerApps currently.

Best regards,

Kris

All Replies
Community Support Team Rank
Community Support Team

Re: Filter Gallery by Dynamics 365/CDS MultiSelect Option Set

Hi @NielsL,

Do you want to populate a MultiSelect Option Set column values from a Dynamics 365/CDS entity into a Combo Box control?

The user @JamieD76 has faced similar issue with you, please check my response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Common-Data-Service-for-Apps/Option-Set-not-Displaying-on-DropDo...

Currently, Dropdown control or Combo Box control do not support Option Set/MultiSelect Option Set data type from CDS entity/Dynamics 365, the Product Team is working on this feature.

If you want to populate a MultiSelect Option Set column values from a Dynamics 365/CDS entity into a Combo Box control, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

In addition, there is also no way to filter the gallery using that Combobox in PowerApps currently.

Best regards,

Kris