Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SoftSpot
Level: Powered On

Filter Gallery with Combobox and Toggle

Hi,

This should be simple but I am struggling.

I am loading a Gallery from a SQL table CustSite and the filter on selecting a Province is working.

I now want to select either Account Customers (CustId starts with "D") or Cash Customer(CustId starts with "C")

The code on the Gallery Items:

Filter('[dbo].[PA_Customers]',Province=cmbProv.Selected.Value,If(Toggle1.Value = false,StartsWith(CustId,"C"),StartsWith(CustId,"D")))

No data is Showing.

Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Filter Gallery with Combobox and Toggle

@SoftSpot 

Try to change that formula for your Gallery Items property to this:

Filter('[dbo].[PA_Customers]',
Province=cmbProv.Selected.Value && StartsWith(CustId,If(Toggle1.Value, "D","C"))
)

See if you have any luck with that.  If not, try to remove the && StartsWith... portion of the filter and see if you are even getting any results with just the ComboBox value.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

HI @SoftSpot ,

Based on the formula that you provided, I do not find any syntax error with it.

Please consider take a try to modify your formula as below:

If(
   Toggle1.Value = false,
   Filter('[dbo].[PA_Customers]',Province=cmbProv.Selected.Value, StartsWith(CustId,"C")),
Filter('[dbo].[PA_Customers]',Province=cmbProv.Selected.Value, StartsWith(CustId,"D")) )

In addition, please also make sure that the result the Filter('[dbo].[PA_Customers]',Province=cmbProv.Selected.Value) formula returns contains records whose CustId column value starts with "D" or "C".

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for posting in the community @SoftSpot - can you review the above replies and update the thread if they were helpful? 

Thank you,

@TopShelf-MSFT