cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
omarsalgado
Level: Powered On

Filter Power Bi from PowerApps

Hello, I need some help with the following, if anyone give me a hint please, I'll really appreciate it...

1. I've created an app with powerapps that handles a questionnaire; so people with the app, can respose such questionnaire as many times as they want.
  2. Everytime sombody answer the questionnaire, the app create a report with the answers. 
  3. I have created a Power BI report for such responses which include a matrix with answers and a radar chart. The Power Bi report has "User" and "Response ID" as Report Level Filters.
  4. In the report page, I place a Gallery of responses for the user to select the report he/she want to see; so I have place a dropdown menu with "matrix" and "radar chart" as options.
  5. When the user select an item from the Gallery, I collect "User" and "Response ID" as input for UpdateContext.
  6. I have place the Power BI tiles in the report page so when the user select the item from the Gallery, tiles appear in the screen.

My Question is...

How can I pass "User" and "Response ID" (those collected for UpdateContext) into Power Bi Report Level Filters?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff jovan
PowerApps Staff

Re: Filter Power Bi from PowerApps

I'm very late answering this question, but if you are still looking for an answer, I believe this is possible to do.

You would use the methods in the “Pass a Parameter” section of the Power BI tile docs:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-power-bi-tile#pass-a-p...

Some tricks to note:

1. Since your list of possible parameter values is dynamic, you will have to use an alternative way to provide it to your PowerApp.  Perhaps via a flow.
  2. You are limited to only one parameter.  However you could combine "User" and "Response ID" into one computed column and use that for filtering.
1 REPLY 1
PowerApps Staff jovan
PowerApps Staff

Re: Filter Power Bi from PowerApps

I'm very late answering this question, but if you are still looking for an answer, I believe this is possible to do.

You would use the methods in the “Pass a Parameter” section of the Power BI tile docs:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-power-bi-tile#pass-a-p...

Some tricks to note:

1. Since your list of possible parameter values is dynamic, you will have to use an alternative way to provide it to your PowerApp.  Perhaps via a flow.
  2. You are limited to only one parameter.  However you could combine "User" and "Response ID" into one computed column and use that for filtering.