cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OlafStetzer
Level: Powered On

Filter choices with <> operator?

Hello all,

I am trying to filter a "lookup" field in a sharepoint list based on additional data in the "other" SP list.

I am not sure how to use the <> (not) operator here, the editor shows me an error for this formula:

Filter(Choices(SPList2.Lookupfield1);
Value in Filter('SPList1'; 'Status' <> "approved").Titel)

The Choices part was already the default in the items field and represents the setting of the underlying SP list.

What is the limit of fields the function can operate on due to "delegation" limitation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Filter choices with &lt;&gt; operator?

@OlafStetzer 

My guess is that your Status column is a choice column and not a Text column.

In this case, consider changing your 'Status' <> "Approved" to 'Status'.Value <> "Approved"

If that's not the case, then post back.

I hope that is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

@OlafStetzer 

My guess is that your Status column is a choice column and not a Text column.

In this case, consider changing your 'Status' <> "Approved" to 'Status'.Value <> "Approved"

If that's not the case, then post back.

I hope that is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Highlighted
OlafStetzer
Level: Powered On

@RandyHayes 

Thanks, indeed the column was a choice column and your suggestion worked.