cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhstepp
Level: Powered On

Filter gallery based on another gallery giving invalid argument type error

I'm new to powerapps and trying to setup a gallery that's filtered based on the selection of a gallery on another screen.  I've been searching and watching videos on it all day, but haven't been able to get it to work.  I'm not sure what I'm missing here.  Any help is greatly appreciated. 

My first screen has a Gallery called summaryGallery that pulls from a SharePoint list (New Planning Workstream Summary_1) with a number of fields, one of which is Workstream.  When a user clicks on a particular workstream, they're directed to a second screen that serves up all the details of that particular workstream.  On this screen is another Gallery called decisionGallery.  This gallery is also connected to a SharePointList called Critical Decision Log.  It includes a field called Workstream as well.  Workstream in both lists is a choice field (Dropdown).

I'm trying to get decisionGallery filtered based on the Workstream selected on the first screen in the summaryGallery.  However, no matter what I try I can't get results back and am mostly getting an "invalid argument type" error on the "=".  

I've tried:

Filter('Critical Decision Log', Workstream = summaryGallery.Selected.Workstream)

Filter('Critical Decision Log', Workstream = summaryGallery.Selected.Workstream.Value)

Filter('Critical Decision Log', Workstream = summaryGallery.Selected.Title7)  (where Title7 is the name of the label box holding the workstream)

Filter('Critical Decision Log',Workstream=summaryGallery.Selected.Title7.Text)

Any ideas on what could be causing the error and how to fix it?  Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Mike8
Level 10

Re: Filter gallery based on another gallery giving invalid argument type error

Hello, Can you try Filter('Critical Decision Log', Workstream.Value = summaryGallery.Selected.Workstream.Value) ?

All Replies
Mike8
Level 10

Hello, Can you try Filter('Critical Decision Log', Workstream.Value = summaryGallery.Selected.Workstream.Value) ?
bhstepp
Level: Powered On

Thanks - that helped. I'm not getting the invalid argument type error now, but I am getting a delegation warning at the first .Value Filter('Critical Decision Log', Workstream.Value = summaryGallery.Selected.Workstream.Value) I don't have much data in the list yet so it appears to be working, but I'm worried about issues if the list grows too large. Thoughts?