Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vaishalivyas1
Level: Powered On

Re: Filtering records with current user

Hi @v-micsh-msft

I used other Logic. I added one Label and set It's  Text property to: 

LookUp( Users , internalemailaddress=Office365Users.MyProfile().Mail ,systemuserid ) 

and then on items property of Gallery to:

SortByColumns(Search(Filter('Expense Entries' , _createdby_value =  Label3.Text), TextSearchBox1.Text, "cf_comments"), "createdon", If(SortDescending1, Ascending,Descending))

It is working correctly and giving me results but with that same warning.

Regards, 

Vaishali

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@vaishalivyas1 wrote:

Hi,

I want to filter records on my browse screen with email of current user.I used Office 365 Users Connection. 

Logic Which I have written on items property of browse screen:

Screenshot_5.png

I'm surprised nobody has said this but calling User() in a function is incredibly slow performance wise. If you can, assign the User() to a variable before you use the filtering you will get better performance.

For example: On Visible on our Home screen (the first screen the App loads) we have the current user stored in a variable CurrentUser

Set(CurrentUser, User())

Then when needed you can perform a lookup on that specific user without calling the User() function by doing things like:

If(CurrentUser.FullName = "John Smith", true,false)

This helped us speed up all our filtering and added a layer of protecting controls simply by capturing the user once and then referring to the variable throughout the app.

vaishalivyas1

Hi @JRaasumaa

Thanks for replying , I removed that Part of code now I am not using user function anymore.

Regards,

Vaishali

jvargas

Thanks! For me that´s the Solution to this problem mentioned. 

Eatsam

I am working on a Dynamics365 Canvas App and trying to show the data by current user.

Scenario

I have created a drop down list for Open, Qualified, Disqualified and My Open Leads. By using the following formula, eveything is working fine except My Open Leads.

SortByColumns(Search(Filter(Leads,If(LeadDropDown.SelectedText.Value="Open Leads",_statecode_label="Open",LeadDropDown.SelectedText.Value="Disqualified Leads",_statecode_label="Disqualified",LeadDropDown.SelectedText.Value="All Leads",(_statecode_label="Open"||_statecode_label="Disqualified"||_statecode_label="Qualified"))),TextSearchBox_Lead.Text,"subject"),"subject",If(SortDescending1,Descending,Ascending))

I tried the instructions on the blog by but this is not working for me.

https://www.cloudfronts.com/filter-records-in-powerapps-based-on-the-current-user-of-dynamics-crm/#c...

What is the best method for filtering the data by current user? I can get the Onwerid/Username but I do not know how to incorporate this in the formula. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.