Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
emckinney81
Level: Powered On

Flow parameters not updating

Community

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this. Today I updated parameters on a flow to include two more things to ask in PowerApps. When i jumped over to Powerapps, i noticed that my flow was not associated with the button, even though if you run the app it works.  So i reassociated it with the app, however the parameters are not there that I added. Wasn't an issue last thursday when I built the flow.

I also tried and noticed the same thing on another app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
grahampasmurf

Re: Flow parameters not updating

I want to add that this method (removing the flow from the PowerApps "View -> Data Sources" menu and adding it back in the "Action -> Flows" menu) works but has error under some circumstances.  For instance, our flows are developed while logged in under a service account that differs from the accounts we use to develop PowerApps. It was causing us a "failed to register" error when atttempting to add the flow under the Actions tab.

To resolve, had to log into PowerApps using the same service account that was used to create the flow.

Also be sure to copy the text of your flow "Run()" command to paste back in to the new "Run()" text that will be inserted (otherwise your existing command text might get overwritten).

I also tried to use the PowerApps "Action -> Flows" menu to select the "Edit" option to edit the flow but again if logged in as a different user it will force you to enter credentials to rebuild all the connections.  If you log into PowerApps as that other Flow user account you do not have to enter new credentials.

14 REPLIES 14
emckinney81

I should add, i tried saving the app on .680, then doing the same thing but no luck

emckinney81

i should this as well, now that i run the flow from the app it fails because of those missing parameters.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi emckinney81,

Thanks for updating.

And glad to hear that you have solved this issue.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
emckinney81

Mabel, the problem isn't solved its still occuring. 

Toasteroven

Can someone respond? im having the same issue

SanAndresMan72

I am not sure if this is related, but I had a similar situation where I renamed a flow task, which did not refactor the parameters used by that step (Execute Stored Procedure). I had to recreate the flow then remap it in PowerApps because the new flow had a new GUID. This fixed my problem.

I am not suggesting you recreate your flow, but I am wondering if a PowerApps app keeps some sort of metadata information about the original flow including task parameters, etc., that do not allow it to "see" new parameters for a step.

SanAndresMan72

I am not sure if this is related, but I had a similar situation where I renamed a flow task, which did not refactor the parameters used by that step (Execute Stored Procedure). I had to recreate the flow then remap it in PowerApps because the new flow had a new GUID. This fixed my problem.

I am not suggesting you recreate your flow, but I am wondering if a PowerApps app keeps some sort of metadata information about the original flow including task parameters, etc., that do not allow it to "see" new parameters for a step.

emckinney81

I basically did a save as on my current flow, then added the parameters i wanted and then deleted the old flow. Worked fine after that.

Toasteroven

cool ill try that thanks Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 220 members 5,035 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: