cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PatricioPG
Level: Powered On

Flows and PowerApps

I have this problem.

I'm using a Flow with my app and it is working well, but if I want to edit the parameters in the Flow and save it, the changes are not reflected in my app and this Flow (in the app) is requesting the old parameters

In brief, if I edit a Flow that is already working with a PowerApps app, that changes does not reflecting in the app

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flows and PowerApps

Hi @PatricioPG,

In addition to what suggested by @erga, we could also delete the flow in the following ways:

1. Open PowerApps studio Desktop Version, open your App with the App edit mode,

2. Navigate to Action, select the control which you add the flow with, then Click Flow tab,

3. Under the Flow associated with "ControlName", you should be able to remove the Flow by clicking the three dots (Choose Remove from App)

47.PNG

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

Ive done a bit of digging and can confirm the process has changed.  MS really need to be keeping you guys informed though as you are advising incorrectly.

Instead of removing the flow under:

Actions-->Flows-->...-->Delete From App

The new process is:

View-->Data Sources-->...-->Remove

Then add back to app as normal.

11 REPLIES 11
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @PatricioPG,

Thanks for the feedback.

For the flow used under PowerApps, if we would like to update the parameter usage in Microsoft Flow within PowerApps, then we need to delete the original one and add the flow action again.

The original added flow under PowerApps would be triggered, but the parameter specified under PowerApps won't work.

I will forward this as a feedback.

Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
PatricioPG
Level: Powered On

So, Sould I delete the flow from my Flows Manager and add a new one with the modifications that I want to make?

I'm trying to delete the flow from my PowerApps Studio but I only have the "Edit" option

Thanks in advance

Highlighted
PowerApps Staff erga
PowerApps Staff

@PatricioPG In PowerApps Studio, in your app's Edit mode, if you go to Content -> Data Sources, in the right sidebar you should see your old Flow. Click on the three dots to "Remove" the Flow. To readd your Flow, go to Actions -> Flows and select the Flow you want to readd. 

Please reach out to us if you have further questions! 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @PatricioPG,

In addition to what suggested by @erga, we could also delete the flow in the following ways:

1. Open PowerApps studio Desktop Version, open your App with the App edit mode,

2. Navigate to Action, select the control which you add the flow with, then Click Flow tab,

3. Under the Flow associated with "ControlName", you should be able to remove the Flow by clicking the three dots (Choose Remove from App)

47.PNG

Regards

AnthonyPhan
Level 8

@v-micsh-msft It seems the flow tab has since since been removed form powerapps desktop?

Flow_delete_bug

Super User
Super User

whats happening with this?

Currently there is no way to update a flow, which when you have over 20 different actions takes a while to replicate.

This is absolutely ludicrous..

Development stage of an app so we are going to add/delete things, yet everytime we realise we need to ask in powerapps again we have to create a whole new flow.

PowerApps Staff erga
PowerApps Staff

@Delid4ve Thank you for reaching out and we apologize for your frustration. To update a Flow on PowerApps, all you need to do is to go to the Flows side panel and delete/readd your Flow in the PowerApps editing mode. After deleting and readding your Flow, Save and Publish your PowerApp, and the Flow should be updated. There is no need to create a new Flow completely from scratch!

We apologize for the inconvenience and overhead in updating Flows -- we are working on notifying a PowerApps author when a Flow has been updated, yet that has proven to be more tricky than it is at first glance (i.e. what happens if the author of a Flow adds a new connection to the Flow? How will the users of a PowerApps authenticate or consent to this new connection?)

Super User
Super User

There is no delete button anymore, only edit
PowerApps Staff erga
PowerApps Staff

@Delid4ve There are two ways to remove a Flow from your PowerApp: 

1. Go to View -> Data Sources. On the side panel, you should see a list of all data sources bound to your PowerApp, including all Flows. Click on the three dots "..." and hit remove. 

flow1.PNG

2. Go to Action -> Flow. Click on the control that contains the Flow. Beside the Flow, click on the three dots and hit "Remove from app".

flow2.PNG

Please reach out if you have any other questions Smiley Happy 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 169 members 4,545 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: