cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
charlied_mc
Level: Powered On

Form formatting resets when editing

I have a few forms built out and every once in a while when I open the form in Studio, all the formatting I've done on it seems to vanish, and all the fields go back to the default width. When I try to re-expand them out, they collapse into 0 width and I have to delete/re-add them. Anyone else come across this?

7 REPLIES 7
charlied_mc

Re: Form formatting resets when editing

Actually, you can get the forms back by setting the width manually and they'll pop back up. But the collapsing is still happening.

sopatte
Level 8

I have also had this problem. If I have my form set to two columns, then controls which I have modified to be two columns wide sometimes inexplicably revert to a single column.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @charlied_mc,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you change the Data cards width within the Edit form?

Do you mean that all changes you made within your Edit form go back to default value when you re-open the form in PowerApps Studio?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please take a try to re-create new Forms within your app or re-create a new app on your side, check if the issue is solved.

In addition, please also take a try to turn off/disable the "Improved app rendering (final validation)" option within Advanced settings of App settings of your app, then re-publish your app, check if the issue still exists.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
charlied_mc

Hi Kris,

The issue is pretty inconsistent - it has happened with a few different forms within my project. I'll switch to a different screen, then when I switch back to the one with the form, all the widths have changed back to the default size (ie if I had 4 cards on a 3-column width form that were all dragged out to be 3 columns wide, they would have all collapsed to 1 column wide). Then, when I try to re-drag them back to the 3 column width, they collapse further into a 0 width and disappear from the editor. 

To fix this, I can select the card from the Screens panel on the left, and then in Card properties panel on the right, change the width from 0 to some other positive value and they re-appear.

This has happened on both edit forms and display forms, forms with 2 cards and forms with 10 cards. The changes WITHIN the card (repositioning the labels and text boxes, any new controls I've added within the card) don't change - it's just the size of the card itself.

I will try your suggestion and see if it happens again.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @charlied_mc,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved your problem, please go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
charlied_mc

Not really able to tell - since its so inconsistent it'll take time to really know.

I also see that disabling the newer rendering won't last forever, I get a warning that it will be turned off at some point soon. What would you suggest doing after this goes away?

charlied_mc

Was finally able to get a screen recording of the issue. Please see Youtube link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1PFn634odY

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, August 21st at 8am PDT

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

SixthImage

Power Summit Australia 2019

August 20-23rd 2019

Users Online
Currently online: 36 members 4,084 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: