cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Form not retaining data

I have an app that creates a form and adds pictures. Once you fill in the form, at the bottom you click a button to be taken the camera screen. Here you take pictures and when you are finished you click a button that says done. When you click done, the pictures should be saved and you should be navigated to the previous page with all the information you entered still there. The problem is that it retains the pictures taken, but not the data that was previously inputted. Is there a way to do this?

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Form not retaining data

EDIT:
It's only doing this when I have taken pictures, If i dont take any pictures, the form retains all the data. My code for the "done" button is:

If(NewRecord, Collect(PFCROSS, CameraPhotos); Back(ScreenTransition.Cover)

Where PFCROSS is my excel table's name and CameraPhotos is the collection I am saving the pictures to.

Super User
Super User

Anyone have any ideas?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ShanP,

What is your current situation?

Could you please explain a bit for the formula you used here? Further, it would be much helpful if you could share a screenshot of the form control.

I just tested with the scenario you mentioned, and the Edit form control would just keep the entered value (with or without picture taken).

Adding some reference:

Edit form and Display form controls in PowerApps

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

I have moved on with this and instead did not allow the done button to take me to the previous page, but to a new page. Would you be able to share your screenshots and code for how you got it working?