I have 2 entities in D365 "Care Cards" and "Opportunities". I have a field in Care Cards called "Project" that is a lookup field pointing at the Opportunities entity.
This is the form from D365 which I want to replicate in PowerApps:
Details of Project field from D365:
I want to create a form in PowerApps with Care Cards as the data source. Where I am having a problem is with the PowerApps form, it is not saving the lookup field to D365.
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Form-not-saving-to-Dynamics-when-using-lookup... I have tried using the solution from this link but can't get it to work correctly.
I have added the 2 available Project fields to the edit form:
For the Project dropdown field I have set Update to blank and SelectMultiple is false:
For the Project GUID field I have set Default to the selected value from the Project dropdown and for Update I have added a Value() function to the Text:
When I submit the form it will submit without any error but the Project lookup field will not save, however the text fields do save correctly.
I think the problem may be with the Update property, I don't know if the Value function is the correct thing to use.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Note: I have changed the settings "Use column display names" and "Use GUID data types instead of strings" to off.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hi @PowerAppBCS ,
Do you want to save entities’ look up field?
I think you can change the project’s data card’s update property to :
LookUp(Table_Oppotunities,Project = DataCardValue3.Selected.Project) (DataCardValue3 is my project’s data card name,you should change to yours)
I test as next:
Hope this can be helpful.
I tried using a LookUp function for the update property but couldn't get it to work.
I'll just run through how I have the edit form set up and it may be clearer what I'm doing wrong:
On my edit form I have 4 fields. 3 text and 1 lookup.
Initially lookup field is not pointing to correct data:
To sort this I changed the primary text and search field:
The edit form now functions as I want it to but when I go to save the form I first get this error:
And then this error on the submit form:
The 2 errors are "There was a problem saving your changes. The data source may be invalid." and "Expected dataEntityRecord for navigation column"
Thanks for your help.