cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerAppBCS
Level: Powered On

Form not saving with Dynamics 365 lookup field

I have 2 entities in D365 "Care Cards" and "Opportunities". I have a field in Care Cards called "Project" that is a lookup field pointing at the Opportunities entity.

This is the form from D365 which I want to replicate in PowerApps:

Screenshot (99).png

Details of Project field from D365:

Screenshot (98).png

I want to create a form in PowerApps with Care Cards as the data source. Where I am having a problem is with the PowerApps form, it is not saving the lookup field to D365. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Form-not-saving-to-Dynamics-when-using-lookup... I have tried using the solution from this link but can't get it to work correctly. 

I have added the 2 available Project fields to the edit form:

Screenshot (100).png

For the Project dropdown field I have set Update to blank and SelectMultiple is false:

Screenshot (101).png

For the Project GUID field I have set Default to the selected value from the Project dropdown and for Update I have added a Value() function to the Text:Screenshot (102).png

When I submit the form it will submit without any error but the Project lookup field will not save, however the text fields do save correctly.

I think the problem may be with the Update property, I don't know if the Value function is the correct thing to use. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Note: I have changed the settings "Use column display names" and "Use GUID data types instead of strings" to off.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerAppBCS

Re: Form not saving with Dynamics 365 lookup field

I have been able to get this worked by using Common Data Service as the data source instead of using Dynamics 365 as the data source.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @PowerAppBCS ,

Do you want to save entities’ look up field?

I think you can change the project’s  data card’s update property to :

LookUp(Table_Oppotunities,Project = DataCardValue3.Selected.Project)  (DataCardValue3 is my project’s data card name,you should change to yours)

I test as next:

Data Source

Table_Oppotunities

20190219lookupentitiesdatasource1.png

20190218CareCard

20190219lookupentitiesdatasource2.png.jpg

App Test:

20190219entitiesapptest1.jpg

Result:

20190219savelookupfieldresulttest1.gif

20190219resulttest2.png

Hope this can be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia

PowerAppBCS

Hi @v-yuxima-msft,

I tried using a LookUp function for the update property but couldn't get it to work. 

I'll just run through how I have the edit form set up and it may be clearer what I'm doing wrong:

On my edit form I have 4 fields. 3 text and 1 lookup.

Screenshot (107).png

Initially lookup field is not pointing to correct data:

Screenshot (108).png

To sort this I changed the primary text and search field:

Screenshot (109).png

The edit form now functions as I want it to but when I go to save the form I first get this error:

Screenshot (110).png

And then this error on the submit form:

Screenshot (111).png

The 2 errors are "There was a problem saving your changes. The data source may be invalid." and "Expected dataEntityRecord for navigation column"

Thanks for your help.

PowerAppBCS

I have been able to get this worked by using Common Data Service as the data source instead of using Dynamics 365 as the data source.