cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rgriffiths
Level: Powered On

Format number in data card

I have added a data card from a list into a form. How do I format the number to have two decimal places and a £ symbol (ie currency) .

5 REPLIES 5
seanbrogan

Re: Format number in data card

Hi @rgriffiths

If you look at the properties panel, in the advanced tab, there should be an option to unlock the data card. Once you click this all the boxes should be free for you to change

rgriffiths

Thanks - strange as I thought I had done that already. But it still leads me on to the actual problem I have.

The Fieldname from the list is called Cost, the card item text input box is called CrdCostData and this text box initially had TextFormat.Number in the format property. I have tried each of the following in the Format property box:

Text(ThisItem, "####.##")

Text(ThisItem.Cost, "####.##")

Text(ThisItem.CrdCostData, "####.##")

Text(TextFormat.Number, "####.##")

but it doesn't format the number at all. What should I put here?

Super User
Super User

Hi @rgriffiths,

You don't need to format numbers that are input in data cards.  Text formatting is done on the output  when the data is retreived and displayed in labels.  

Highlighted
rgriffiths

Please forgive me, I am new to PowerApps and I am a little confused by this. The user is being asked to enter data - in this case a cost - and I would have thought it would be possible to set the input format - an input mask. Is this not possible in this scenerio? It means that someone could enter a non-currency value. Eg 3.333

Super User
Super User

Hi @rgriffiths,

The same exact issue came up in another thread and @CarlosFigueira came up with a work around and a nice gif that shows how it's done. https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/How-do-I-format-a-field-to-look-like-currency...